20th Century Masters:Millennium Colle - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 690
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Hard Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- Tom Dowd; Delaney Bramlett; Albhy Galuten; Glyn Johns; The Dominoes; Tom Dowd; Delaney Bramlett; Albhy Galuten; Bill Levinson (Compilation); Bill Levenson (Compilation)
- 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Eric Clapton
Personnel: Eric Clapton (vocals, guitar); Eric Clapton; Steve Stills, Delaney Bramlett (vocals, guitar); Jerry Allison, Sonny Curtis (vocals); Leon Russell (piano); Carl Radle (bass guitar); George Terry (vocals, guitar); Bobby Whitlock (vocals, piano, organ); Marcy Levy, Rita Coolidge, Yvonne Elliman (vocals); Duane Allman (guitar); Albhy Galuten (piano, ARP synthesizer); Jim Gordon (piano, drums); Dick Sims (organ, keyboards); Jamie Oldaker (drums); Derek & the Dominos.
Liner Note Authors: Bob Gruen; Scott Schinder.
Photographer: Chuck Boyd.
Arranger: The Dominoes.
This 20TH CENTURY MASTERS collection culls Eric Clapton's biggest hits from three extremely successful 1970s solo releases--his self-titled debut, 461 OCEAN BOULEVARD, and SLOWHAND. The breezy melancholy of "Promises," from '78s BACKLESS, and two cuts from LAYLA AND OTHER ASSORTED LOVE SONGS (recorded with Clapton's short-lived group Derek & the Dominos), including the epic "Layla," round out the set.
Clapton's readings of two J.J. Cale songs, the creepy rocker "Cocaine" and the celebratory foot-stomper "After Midnight," are definitive FM fare, as is the smooth and easy, country-inflected "Lay Down Sally," complete with its irresistible, honky-tonk guitar lick. Treatments of Bob Dylan's "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" and Bob Marley's "I Shot the Sheriff" reinforce Clapton's penchant for faithful, heartfelt covers accented by his understated singing and matchless, fluid guitar work. Appearances by Leon Russell, Stephen Stills, and Rita Coolidge boost the already top-notch caliber of musicianship here. While classic-rock completists will want to own the individual records these singles appeared on, this BEST OF provides a concise roundup of the guitar legend's key '70s studio performances.
- Country of Origin
- Universal Distribution
- Eric Clapton
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] I Shot the Sheriff
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] After Midnight
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Knockin' On Heaven's Door
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Wonderful Tonight
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Layla
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Cocaine
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Lay Down Sally
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Bell Bottom Blues
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Promises
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Let It Rain
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Let It Grow
- Studio / Live
No reviews yet.