Alone Together - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 990
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Progressive Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- Dave Mason; Tommy LiPuma
- Alone Together
Personnel includes: Dave Mason, Carl Radle.
Personnel includes: Dave Mason (guitar, vocals); Don Preston (keyboards); Carl Radle (bass); John Barbata (drums); John Simon, Larry Knechtel, Chris Ethridge, Leon Russell, Jim Keltner, Jim Capaldi, Jim Gordon, Rita Coolidge, Delaney & Bonnie Bramlett.
Personnel: Dave Mason (vocals, guitar); Delaney Bramlett (vocals, guitar); Rita Coolidge, Claudia Lennear, Bonnie Bramlett (vocals); Michael DeTemple (guitar); Don Preston , Leon Russell, John Simon (keyboards); Jim Capaldi, Jim Gordon , Jim Keltner, John Barbata (drums).
Audio Mixer: Al Schmitt.
Recording information: Elektra Recording Studio; Sunset sound.
Photographers: Tom Wilkes ; Barry Feinstein.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Chris Ethridge; Jack Storti; Mike Coolidge; Lou Cooper; Bob Norwood; Larry Knechtel.
As with so many artists, Dave Mason's first solo album is probably his best. Perhaps it's because he had a backlog of songs that Traffic had never recorded, but 1970's ALONE TOGETHER is chock full of great songs. On the other hand, it's easy to see why Mason left Traffic even before that group's (temporary) breakup in 1969; the soft rock sound of ALONE TOGETHER is hard to place in the context of the jazz-pop experiments Traffic would explore when they reunited in 1971.
The eight lengthy songs take time to unfold, and the peerless musicianship, with Mason's lyrical guitar and Leon Russell's inimitable boogie-soul piano in the center, treads the line between chops and soul with nary a misstep. The classic single "Only You Know and I Know" is the clear highlight, but every song is a winner.
- Country of Origin
- MCA (USA)
- Studio / Live
- Dave Mason
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Only You Know and I Know
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Can't Stop Worrying, Can't Stop Loving
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Waitin' on You
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Shouldn't Have Took More Than You Gave
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] World in Changes
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Sad and Deep as You
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Just a Song
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Look at You, Look at Me
- Universal Distribution
- Rolling Stone (9/3/70, p.42) - "...the music is vintage Mason...Mason's singing is simply superb..."
- 34m 38s
- Video Disabled
- Doug Botnick; Bruce Botnick
No reviews yet.