Alone with His Guitar - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 990
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Mono / Stereo
- Alone with His Guitar
This is an Enhanced CD, which contains both regular audio tracks and multimedia computer files.
Solo performer: Hank Williams (vocals, acoustic guitar).
Compilation producers: Colin Escott, Kira Florita.
Recorded between 1949 & August 1952. Includes liner notes by William Gay and Colin Escott.
A revelatory collection of songwriting demos and rare early solo radio appearances, most of which had never appeared in un-dubbed form until 1998's complete Williams box set. Highlights include an early take on "Honky Tonk Blues," with an extra verse that didn't make it onto the hit studio version, an eerie cover of the Sons of the Pioneers' "Cool Water" (one of the few cowboy songs Williams ever recorded), and a run-through of "Kaw-Liga," with several false starts and some studio chatter. Bonuses on the enhanced portion of the CD include a screensaver, a link to the official Williams website, some brief audio clips of Williams and his ex-wife Audrey, plus lyrics and photos.
- Country of Origin
- Mercury Nashville
- Universal Distribution
- Hank Williams
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Tennessee Border
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] First Year Blues
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Blue Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Please Don't Let Me Love You
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Alone & Forsaken
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] You Caused It All by Telling Lies
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] With Tears in My Eyes
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Rockin' Chair Money
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Cool Water
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] We Live in Two Different Worlds
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] My Bucket's Got a Hole in It
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Teardrop on a Rose, A
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Honky Tonk Blues
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Thy Burdens Are Greater Than Mine
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Weary Blues From Waitin'
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] I Can't Escape From You
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] I Could Never Be Ashamed of You
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] Kaw-Liga
- Studio / Live
CMJ (9/11/00, p.33) - "...[He] stands tall accompanied by his whiskey-weary voice and earthy acoustic guitar..."
Dirty Linen (4-5/01, p.73) - "...The delivery is stark and intimate and demonstrates the emotional depth Williams was able to invest in his performances..."
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.