Asian Roots - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 2 290
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Mono / Stereo
- Hiroyuki Okano
- Tak‚ Dak‚ & Neptune: Asian Roots
Personnel: John Kaizan Neptune (shakuhachi); Hitoshi Hamada (baliphone); Yoshihiko Katori (bambass); Mark DeRose (bamboo drum set); Yoshinori Nohmi (bamboo conga, percussion); Christopher Hardy (bamboo frame drum, percussion).
Recorded at Nippon Columbia, Tokyo, Japan on September 1-3, 1997. Includes liner notes by John Kaizan Neptune.
Personnel: John Kaizan Neptune (flute, shakuhachi); Hitoshi Hamada (balafon); Christopher Hardy, Yoshinori Nomi (congas, percussion).
Liner Note Author: John Kaizan Neptune.
Recording information: Nippon Columbia Studio No. 1, Tokyo, Japan (09/01/1997-09/03/1997).
Photographer: Hiroshi Hato.
Arranger: John Kaizan Neptune.
Probably the best words to describe John Kaizan Neptune are explorer and adventurer. Almost all the instruments used in Tak‚Dak‚ are bamboo-only instruments of Neptune's own creation: baliphone (bamboo marimba), bambass, bamboo drum set, bamboo conga, bamboo frame drum, and, of course, shakuhachi. To that are added some other instruments from Bali, Vietnam, and more. Tak‚Dak‚ in fact means "bamboo only." The music itself is as much an exploration as the instruments themselves. For example, the melody of the first piece "Ocean Motion" is based on a Japanese five-tone folk scale, the 12/8 rhythmic groove is African and it is accompanied by a Vietnamese torung. Two pieces are distinctly Balinese and Javanese in character. The other pieces have Japanese, Korean, Cambodian, African, and other influences. Quite a melting pot, but quite an adventure. Something to satisfy for the best musical travelers. ~ Bruno Deschˆnes
- Country of Origin
- Denon Records
- Studio / Live
- Take Dake/John Kaizan Neptune
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Ocean Motion
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] In the Hollow
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Jegoging
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Java
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Korea Idea
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Japanese Roots
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Five Nodes
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Uduboo
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Parting Paths
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Sky and Sand Way
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Angklung Journey
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Angklung Journey
- 61m 32s
- Video Disabled
- Toshiyasu Shiozawa
No reviews yet.