Asus DSL-N14U Wireless N300 ADSL Modem Router
List Price R 949
Discovery Miles 7 950
On Credit: R / month
This item is in stock in our CPT warehouse and can be shipped from there.You can also collect it yourself from our warehouse during the week or over weekends.
This item is in stock in our JHB warehouse and can be shipped from there. No collection facilities available, sorry!
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free delivery available |
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
Wireless ADSL modem router with wide coverage, multiple SSID and USB applications
- Dual-purpose 300 Mbps wireless ADSL Modem Router
- USB port for network print server, file sharing, Download Master and media server
- ASUSWRT Dashboard for easy 30-second setup and advanced network control via an intuitive graphical interface
- PPTP server for secure VPN data transmission
- ASUS AiCloud allows you to access, sync, share and stream data from your home network to any internet-connected PC, Android or iOS device
Fast Wi-Fi, with more space and less clutter:
- The ASUS DSL-N14U ADSL modem router has Wi-Fi speeds up to 300Mbit/s. It replaces the ADSL modem from your internet service provider, saving space and reducing clutter. With easy, CD-free installation and reliable data transmission, DSL-N14U is a complete wireless solution for ADSL users, and also features a multifunctional USB 2.0 port.
Easy 30-second router setup:
- Use your smartphone, tablet, or PC to effortlessly set up your ASUS router in less than 30 seconds and in only 3 easy steps. Simply connect the cables to the router, open a Web browser, and follow the setup wizard to get you to the internet in no time.
Multi-functional built-in USB port:
- The built-in USB 2.0 port allows you to connect external storage, printers, and other devices to the DSL-N14U and share them with other users over the network.
AiCloud - Sync. Share. Stream. Your world on demand:
- ASUS AiCloud works with ASUS routers to offer the most complete, accessible, and secure cloud platform. It's a free app for iOS and Android devices, and allows you to easily sync, share, stream, and access all your content from any location. It creates your own private cloud server at home, and connects it seamlessly with the public cloud. Sharing is easier than ever with confidential links, which can be sent via email, SMS, and more. For the most intuitive and flexible cloud access from almost any device and location, ASUS AiCloud is your launch point
Robust control and optimization with ASUSWRT:
- With the easy-to-use ASUSWRT Dashboard you can setup, monitor and control your network from one intuitive interface.
- DSL-N14U features special ADSL-related enhancements to the intuitive ASUSWRT graphical interface, inlcuding a signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) measuring tool that can help customers monitor the stability of an ADSL connection. A traffic monitor shows the data sent and received via the WAN, wired and wireless networks, while a reporting tool allows customers to send feedback about connection issues directly to a technical support team, with technical log files automatically included.
VPN server enabled:
- With DSL-N14U you can easily set up a VPN server for secure web browsing and data access - no matter where you are. Featuring PPTP encryption, your connection will always be secure and confidential.
Download and stream anywhere:
- Download Master and enhanced media server let you download and play multimedia files stored on router-attached USB storage on a wide range of compatible devices such as PC, pad, PS3, xbox, and smart TV. Download Master can also download files while your PC is turned off, and allows you to manage and monitor download status remotely.
Discrete and secure Wi-Fi networks via guest access:
- Share your internet connection with your guests in safety, with no need to share your personal password or network resources. ASUS Guest Network supports up to three separate guest networks, each with its own usage limits and password. Guests cannot access your primary network or any other connected devices.
- IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, IPv4, IPv6
- N300 complete networking; 300Mbps
Wi-Fi Data Rate:
- 802.11b : 1, 2, 5.5, 11Mbps
- 802.11g : 6,9,12,18,24,36,48,54Mbps
- 802.11n : up to 300Mbps
xDSL Data Rate:
- ANSI T1.413i2
- ITU G.922.1(G.dmt).ITU G.922.2 (G.lite)
- ITU G.922.3 ADSL2(G.dmt.bis)
- ITU G.922.4(G.lite.bis)
- ITU G.922.5(G.dmt.bisplus)
- ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+ multimode AnnexA,AnnexB compliant
- ADSL 2/2+ 24Mbps downstream
- Support Annex A/B/I/J/L/M
- Detachable 2 dBi antenna x 2
- Power, ADSL, Internet, WLAN, LAN x 4, USB x 1
- WPS Button, Reset Button, Power Button, Wireless on/off Button
- 1 x RJ11 for ADSL
- 4 x RJ45 10/100 BaseT for LAN
- USB 2.0 x 1
- Printer Server
- FTP Server
- Download Master
Router Special Features:
- AiCloud, Printer server, Download Master, AiDisK, Multiple SSIDs, Parental Control
- 13 Europe (ETSI)
- 64MB DDR / 16MB Flash
- 64-bit WEP, 128-bit WEP, WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise , WPA2-Enterprise , Radius with 802.1x, WPS support
Firewall & Access Control:
- NAT and SPI (Stateful Packet Inspection) Firewall
- enable/disable WAN ping
- allow access from WAN
- log of accepted and dropped
- Single Port and Port Range
- URL based
- MAC Address
- DoS protection
- Web-based GUI configuration
- Firmware upgraded, configuration data uploaded and downloaded via Web-based GUI
- Auto VPI/VCI detection
- Configuration backup and restore
- Log & Trace function
- ADSL Setting Wizards
- Device Discovery
- Firmware Restoration
- Printer Setup Utility
- VPN Support
- IPSec Pass-Throuth
- PPTP Pass-Through
- L2TP Pass-Through
- PPTP server
- AC Input : 100 ~240 V(50~60HZ)
- DC Output : 12 V/1 A
- 123 x 190 x 35 mm (WxDxH)
- 314 g (Device Only)
- Operating Temperature: -10 degrees C to 50 degrees C (14 degrees F to 122 degrees F)
- Storage Temperature: -40 degrees to 60 degrees C (-40 degrees F to 140 degrees F)
- Operating Humidity: 5 % to 95 % (Non-condensing)
- Storage Humidity: 5 % to 95 % (Non-condensing)
- Windows 8.1 , 32bit/64bit
- Windows 8 , 32bit/64bit
- Windows 7 , 32bit/64bit
- Windows Vista , 32bit/64bit
- Windows xP , 32bit/64bit
- Mac OS x
- DSL-N14U Wireless-N300 ADSL Modem Router
- Power Adapter
- Quick Start Guide
- Support CD (user manual, Utilities)
- RJ45 cable, RJ11 cable
- Splitter (varies with regions)
Shawn, South Africa. 25 July 2015
Great router... if you can read Chinese.
I received this router, plugged it in, logged in using 192.168.1.1 and I was presented with a Chinese QIS Wizard. No option to change. Posted on ASUS South Africa's FB page and they advised that it was a firmware issue and to get a replacement. My guess is they brought in the wrong batch because I got the replacement 2 days later and low and behold it was still in Chinese. Tried the FB page again and no reply. Called them and they said they don't support the router. Clearly their service has gone down over the years.
Anyway, I was tired of battling so looked online for a URL I could use to bypass the setup wizard. I used that, found a language toggle and changed it to English. That fixed it.
Once set up this is an amazing router with a very nice GUI. Many more features than other routers in the same price range. Overall I'm very happy.
So get this router but use 192.168.1.1/cgi-bin/Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp and hover over the tab on the top right to change to English. Then go ahead and use 192.168.1.1 to setup in English.
If yours is already in English then lucky you.
Jurgen, South Africa. 18 January 2016
Using this Router has improved the performance of my ADSL significantly (4mbit to 7mbit). It was really straight forward and quick to install.
The best part of the router is the live traffic monitor, guest networks and that it does not 'freeze' under heavy load or many WiFi reconnections. The WiFi range is superb as well, covering most of my apartment.
I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a cost-effective router with high performance.
Reuben Govender, South Africa. 11 January 2016
Excellent product. Good quality router for an excellent price from Takealot. Quick and easy set up. Has very good features, this router is highly recommended. Thanks a lot Takealot. A loyal and happy customer.
edmondmp, South Africa. 5 August 2015
Really good router. Has a lot more features than other routers at this price range such as cloud access, USB support for hard drive, printers or 3G dongles, regular firmware updates on the router and guest access. The setup is quite straight forward. Range is good. Even setting up external access to my home server was a breeze. Has AIcloud app to access devices attached to router.
Will definitely continue to purchase other Asus routers in the future.
cheridene, South Africa. 10 January 2016
Deon, South Africa. 22 August 2016
Brilliant piece of kit! This has sorted out my DSL and wireless issues at home and is working like a decent modem should! Easy install and intuitive GUI with a load of tweaks and features that will keep the techies happy!
AS usual, above par service from Takealot...keep it up guys!
Stuart, South Africa. 7 July 2016
Amazing router. Only problem is that you should update the firmware as you might have connectivity issues with some older peripherals.
Johan, South Africa. 1 April 2016
Easy to setup. ADSL works perfectly fine. Wifi not working at all. Connects for a few seconds (minutes at most) before dropping signal. This is in a SOHO environment with 3 PC's and 4 or 5 wifi devices.
Ebrahim, South Africa. 1 November 2016
Great entry to medium level router. Offers most new features, unfortunately it isn't dual band, but offers great bang for your buck as far as features are concerned.
Ruan, South Africa. 31 March 2016
Great router for the money.
Does what is says on the box, some extra (albeit useless) features.
Wifi range and speed could be better.
Berend, South Africa. 6 July 2016
This is my second identical router. No Hassles!!
Tyron, South Africa. 14 April 2016
Cool little router, it some some nice features and the software make it pretty easy to use.
Charl, South Africa. 10 November 2015
Awesome, feature rich router. Easy to set up with a good user interface.
Bought it for the wifi on/off button, but is does even more - can configure wifi to be off during certain times.
Simple firmware updates.
Dirk, South Africa. 23 September 2016
Excellent product, easy setup and great WIFI coverage.
Fabio, South Africa. 1 May 2016
Very easy to configure and good WiFi coverage.
Gerrit, South Africa. 30 September 2016
Excellent product, easy to set up and just works.
Dowayne, South Africa. 6 August 2016
Excellent router! it does more than just internet .. I have my hard drive plugged into the back and I can stream to any device in the house.
Dirk, South Africa. 19 September 2016
I don't know why some people have problem with this router.
After reading lots of reviews and concluding that I need a new router I bought this one.
Excellent choice! Stoked with the easy installation, network speed and wireless coverage. I did struggle a bit by connecting my epson wireless router too it but as soon as I figured it out, everything was just a breeze from there!
All of a sudden my 2mb telkom line is not that bad anymore. Quick video streaming, gaming and loading of pages.
YM SALEJEE, South Africa. 9 February 2016
First ASUS router was faulty, My replacement router seems to be working well. Extremely easy to set up. Wifi range is the best I've experienced from any router. Once again takealot service has been exceptional in replacing my faulty router. Takealot is the best, thank you for bringing this great product to us.
Gabriel, South Africa. 19 October 2016
really easy to use and setup. Great product
Ata R., South Africa. 22 January 2016
Great device!!! or full control
AJ, South Africa. 15 April 2016
Lots of features for power users. Can't fault it.
Ashen, South Africa. 4 August 2016
Great product. Perfect for home use of wireless devices.
Decent wireless broadcasting and good wifi speed.
Faheem, South Africa. 19 October 2016
Absolutely brilliant. Great functionality for the price that it is marked at. Consistent ADSL speeds.
Great value for money. Works much better than my previous DLINK router.
Ronald, South Africa. 13 July 2016
This Router is excellent. Don't worry about negative comments. Got mine for a month now & has excellent speeds, excellent range, plus polished features.
Chad, South Africa. 18 October 2016
If you have an Xbox One then do not buy this router. I bought this exact same router and it will simply not connect to my Xbox One via Ethernet cable more WIFI. A couple of my friends have the same issue so I'm not sure if it has to do with the firmware (which I did update). It doesn't happen to all of the consoles but just a heads up. Other than that it works well.
Jean, South Africa. 22 August 2016
Great router for what you pay. Easy unpacking and setting up. Used it to replace an old Asus and they use the same power supply, so could literally just plug it in and set it up. Wifi coverage is good for a small to medium home.
justin, South Africa. 9 February 2016
First had D-Link which didn't have sufficient range so exchanged for the Asus router and have significantly more range as well as more functionality with this router than the other. I hihly recommend this router!
Very Good Router, South Africa. 24 October 2016
Value for money , beautiful design
Ruan, South Africa. 20 October 2016
Good router. Been using it for a week so far with the latest firmware, no issues. Wireless connection is stable, no dropouts, ADSL also stable.
Works with MWeb, would recommend this router a million times over the horrible broken locked-down router MWeb provides you with.
Albert, South Africa. 17 January 2017
This is a really good router, the software is great, just plug it in and the setup window opens the browser automatically. Plus the ADSL connection is good and stable.
Jared, South Africa. 22 November 2015
Great modem! replaced our 6-year old Telkom-provided Netgear modem, internet running noticeably faster now and wireless range boost is amazing! Set up took less than 5 mins with wireless setup too, interface program very user-friendly
Gabriel, South Africa. 22 February 2016
Don't buy this router if you are with Web Africa. It may be working for other people with other ISPs. However for me on Web Africa this router did not work. Tried 2 routers and still did not work, plugged in my old original telkom router - everything lights up and runs perfect.
Save yourself some headache and buy something else. I saw the interface and yes there is a lot of features which is why I bought it but it is of no use if you cannot even get the damn thing to work in the first place.
Shrian, South Africa. 21 March 2016
Not a bad router for the money, as it has features which the N55U I previously owned has for a fraction of the price.
However, I'm giving it 3 stars as the WiFi coverage is pathetic. Even with the two 7dbi antennas it doesn't seem to have improved much, if at all.
Now I understand why the N55U was R2000, and this is less than half the price. I didn't want to spend that much after losing a forth router to lightning, but if you're looking for something with decent WiFi coverage, look elsewhere.
Other than that, it's a good router, and nice interface.
Also, don't try and limit connectivity to HTTPS - this will lock you out of your router.
The certificate uses SSLv3 as well as RC4 which are both outdated and will be rejected by your browser as an insecure connection.
Joshua, South Africa. 23 March 2016
Very nice product compared to higher end routers.easy installation and great wireless range.
Norio, South Africa. 23 January 2017
Great router. EASY to set up. Guest networks means I can let guests check their email without screwing up my wokr. VPN feature means I can watch American Netflix easily. Phone app means I can easily manage my network from bed or the couch. This is TONS of value for money. My previous routers cost more than double this and couldn't do the same stuff. Love ASUS now :)
Rupert, South Africa. 4 December 2015
good value for money
Richard, South Africa. 8 December 2016
Excellent signal strength and easy to set up.
Ockert, South Africa. 16 January 2017
I'm very happy with this product. No problems given and easy to install.
Anwar, South Africa. 2 February 2016
By far the best router I've used in this price range. ASUS did an amazing job integrating many much needed features into one modem at a low cost including the amazing UI. Excellent Wi-Fi range in both theoretical and practical sense. Even cosmetically the modem looks like a modern piece of art. Props to ASUS and TakeAlot for bringing this technology here.
Scott, South Africa. 21 November 2016
Excellent router! Easy setup and great range.
Barbara, South Africa. 18 March 2016
Really excellent router, I don't think you'll find a router with this many features at a price as low as this, anywhere. Samba/SMB/FTP/DLNA/iTunes server, QoS & traffic monitor, guest network, DDNS, network printing and a killer GUI. Setup was a breeze and I've had no problems with ADSL instability or speed. Only potential downside is that the WiFi range isn't amazing due to its 2db gain antennas, it's still perfectly fine for a modest home but don't expect a strong signal through any more than 2 walls. This can be easily improved with higher gain antennas though, which aren't too expensive.
Martina, South Africa. 1 March 2016
Super stable with easy set up. Recommended.
Gareth, South Africa. 8 February 2017
The router is fairly easy to set up but I purchased it because of the guest networks and when deciding I read the description as follows "ASUS Guest Network supports up to three separate guest networks, each with its own usage limits and password." By usage limits, it appears that ASUS defines usage as time-based and not data-based. Also, the time-limit starts once the guest network is enabled and not once someone accesses it. So the clock starts ticking even if the network is idle. Does not meet my needs and I willing be sending it back for refund.
Greg, South Africa. 13 February 2017
Using this Router has improved the performance of my ADSL significantly. Streaming YouTube and all works much better than the Mweb Router that they give you.
Melandi, South Africa. 8 March 2016
Good looking router with a very easy to understand user-interface. I like the live traffic monitor.
Yusuf Mohamed, South Africa. 5 February 2016
Received a faulty router, router kept on dropping adsl connection every few minutes. Tested my old router with no issues. So it was definitely the asus router. However, The asus router was a breeze to setup with excellent coverage area. Logged a return fault, waiting for my replacement, hopefully this time round my asus router will have no issues. Once again excellent service from Takealot in handling my return and replacement.
TAKEALOT YOU ARE THE BEST....
Theron, South Africa. 15 March 2016
Excellent router for price. Perfect for home use.
Daryn, South Africa. 26 February 2016
its a great product, which is well priced considering the wireless network speed on 300Mbps.
Uzayr, South Africa. 19 March 2016
Outstanding product, outstanding service from takealot
adrian, South Africa. 20 November 2015
Great router, set up was quick and easy.
The wifi range is better than routers double the price.
Have not had one problem with it, been up and running for 3 months.
Only if Telkom was as reliable....
Alex, South Africa. 28 September 2015
Excellent modem and unbelievable value for money. Haven't had a single problem with it. The antenna are only 2db each but they get the job done exceptionally well and give off great signal strength. I would strongly recommend it to anyone looking to buy a new modem.
Jacques, South Africa. 29 January 2016
Heinrich, South Africa. 17 January 2017
Works a treat, and it is easy to update - since buying the router last year October i have had no issues with the router. decent wifi speeds and very stable internet speeds. love the capability to check what line quality is like on the router, and the management of security - perfect router for ADLS in SA!
Wayne, South Africa. 9 February 2017
For the price,great modem and easy set up.
Yusuf, South Africa. 23 February 2016
No problems with this router. Setup is easy, provides detailed information if needed, guest WiFi networks. WiFi range was a tad iffy when the router was at table height but wall mounting it sorted that problem out. Overall, good product
Gustav, South Africa. 17 March 2016
Worst router ever!!!
After each and every config change made a restart of the computer is required as I am unable to access the router after the changes keep getting a 404 error.
In my opinion its a no go..
Grant, South Africa. 9 October 2015
Set up in 5 min :) Wi Fi Range - double the range to telkom billion router. Nice to have a shared usb drive on the router.
Pieter, South Africa. 27 October 2015
Awesome product. Easy setup allowed for quick connection to DSL.
Ahmed, South Africa. 28 October 2016
Awesome looking modem, fast and reliable, interface is beautiful
Nols, South Africa. 23 March 2016
Works very well. Easy to set up.
Frans, South Africa. 7 January 2017
Quick and easy to install, a good choice.