Asus Maximus VIII Gene Motherboard - Socket 1151
Discovery Miles 40 990
On Credit: R / month
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- ROG provides you with the very best gaming-audio inputs and outputs, with special shielded designs, and a collection of carefully selected professional-grade audio components, including an ESS ES9023P digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with Hyperstream technology, ultra-low-jitter clock, Nichicon capacitors, 2Vrms headphone amp, and Sonic SenseAmp that automatically detects and optimizes any headset (32-600 ohms) for purest sound quality.
- SupremeFX 2015 also features intuitive Sonic Studio II for you to apply and enjoy different audio effects for perfect entertainment, plus Perfect Noise noise-cancellation technology for team conversations with total clarity.
Get performance, efficiency, digital power, fan control, and even networking and audio tuning tailored for you
- 5-Way Optimization at your disposal it takes just one click to tune complex settings - for instant, highly-controllable performance boosts!
- Our exclusive technology dynamically optimizes essential aspects of your system based on real-time use, so you get superb CPU performance, everyday energy savings, ultra-stable digital power, cool and quiet fans, and even networking and audio settings that are tailored for the apps that you are using.
- In short, 5-Way Optimization ensures that your PC is perfect for gaming, entertainment, productivity or just about anything else!
Fan Xpert 3
- Advanced fan and water-pump controls for ultimate cooling and quietness with onboard thermal sensors and hardware-level 4-pin PWM/3-pin DC mode detection, Fan Xpert 3 makes sure every fan achieves the best balance of cooling performance and low noise!
OC Design - ASUS PRO Clock technology
- A dedicated base-clock (BCLK) generator designed for 6th-generation Intel processors that allows overclocked base clock frequencies up to 400MHz.
- This custom solution works in tandem with the ASUS Turbo Processor Unit (TPU), to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control - granting an exciting new way to boost performance to extreme heights.
DDR4 OVERCLOCKING STRENGTH IN NUMBERS
- ASUS 2nd generation T-Topology allows DDR4 memory overclocking to reach new heights: over DDR4-3733 MHz with all memory slots populated.
- Featuring a customized trace layout for reduced crosstalk and coupling noise, ASUS 2nd generation T-Topology ensures time-aligned signal transfer for improved memory stability and compatibility.
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS
- The smoothest, slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing.
- Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way, quickly and easily.
Speed your game loads
- ROG's uniquely-intelligent technology efficiently caches the critical files on a particular storage device, so that your favorite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds - getting to work the moment it's activated.
- RAMCache turns milliseconds into microseconds to boost game-load times to stratospheric levels, and minimizes risk of data loss!
Intel Gigabit Ethernet
More throughput, less CPU usage and great gaming experiences
- ROG features the very latest Intel Ethernet (I219-V) for faster, smoother gaming - always.
- Intel's LAN has the serious double advantage of reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput, so there's more power for your game and your gameplay.
Pumped-up throughput. Best surge protection
- Signal-coupling technology and premium surface-mounted components ensure a more reliable connection and better throughput.
- Additionally, electrostatically-guarded and surge-protected components (ESD Guards) allow for 1.9x-greater tolerance to static electricity and 2.5x-greater protection (up to 15kV) against surges!
Banish lag, play smooth
- Exclusive GameFirst III prioritizes game-related packets and allocates more bandwidth to games, eliminating laggy gameplay, streaming stutters and file-sharing slowdown - so you'll always be the frontrunner.
- Choose from Optimization, Game, Media Streaming or File Sharing presets and watch your network fly!
Stay in the game
- The clever unobtrusive overlay that keeps you in the game, so you can browse, email, IM, stream or record while you play, and all dressed up in color-matched ROG skins to show you're part of an elite pack - soon to be available for download on Overwolf's app store!
The free keyboard upgrade - upgraded!
- Free keyboard upgrade from an exclusive microprocessor and intuitive user interface.
- Record macros directly from the keyboard, switch profiles in moments, enable special functions with hotkey from F1-F10, start and even boost your PC from shutdown (S5 mode)!
Ready for 6th-generation Intel LGA1151 Core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron processors
- This motherboard supports 6th-generation Intel Core i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron processors in the LGA1151 package, with graphics, memory and PCI Express controllers integrated to support onboard graphics output with dedicated chipsets, two-channel (4-DIMM) DDR4 memory and 16 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes for great graphics performance.
Intel Z170 Express Chipset
- Intel Z170 Express is a single-chipset design that supports 6th-generation Intel LGA1151 Core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron processors.
- It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability.
- Additionally, a maximum ten USB 3.0 ports, six SATA 6Gbit/s ports, 32Gbit/s M.2 and PCIe 3.0 lane speed support for faster data retrieval.
- Supports integrated-graphics (iGPU) functions, so you'll enjoy the very latest Intel integrated graphics performance.
- Intel Socket 1151 for 6th Generation Core i7/Core i5/Core i3/Pentium/Celeron Processors
- Supports Intel 14 nm CPU
- Supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- The Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types.
- Intel Z170
- 4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 3800(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3500(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
- Dual Channel Memory Architecture
- Supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
- Integrated Graphics Processor- Intel HD Graphics support
- Multi-VGA output support: HDMI/DisplayPort 1.2 ports
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz
- Supports DisplayPort with max. resolution 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz
- Maximum shared memory of 512 MB
- Supports Intel InTru 3D, Quick Sync Video, Clear Video HD Technology, Insider
- Supports NVIDIA Quad-GPU SLI Technology
- Supports AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX Technology
- 2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8, gray)
- 1 x PCIe 3.0 x4 (black)
- Intel Z170 chipset:
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (both SATA & PCIE mode)
- 2 x SATA Express port, , Compatible with 4 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray
- Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
- Intel Rapid Storage Technology supports
- Supports Intel Smart Response Technology
Intel I219V, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s), GameFirst technology
Intel LAN- Dual interconnect between the Integrated LAN controller and Physical Layer (PHY)
ROG SupremeFX 2015 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports: Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
- SupremeFX Shielding Technology
- ESS ES9023P DAC: dB SNR, dB THD+N (Max. kHz/ -bit)
- TI RC4580 2VRMS audio OP AMP(s)
- Gold-plated jacks
- DTS Connect
- Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
- Sonic SenseAmp
- Sonic Studio II
- Sonic Radar II
Intel Z170 chipset:
8 x USB 3.0 port(s) (6 at back panel, blue, 2 at mid-board)
Intel Z170 chipset: *5
4 x USB 2.0 port(s) (4 at mid-board)
ASMedia USB 3.1 controller:
1 x USB 3.1 port(s) (1 at back panel, black, Type-C)
ASMedia USB 3.1 controller:
1 x USB port(s) (1 at back panel, red, Type-A)
ROG Exclusive Features
- ReTry Button
- Safe Boot Button
- Start Button
- Reset Button
- LN2 Mode
- Mem TweakIt
- One-click Overclocking
- Power On
UEFI BIOS features:
- O.C. Profile
- GPU.DIMM Post
- Tweakers' Paradise
- ROG SSD Secure Erase
- Graphic Card Information Preview
- ROG RAMDisk
- Extreme Tweaker
OC Design - ASUS PRO Clock Technology
- Full BCLK range for extreme overclocking performance
5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5
- 5-Way Optimization tuning key perfectly consolidates TPU, EPU, DIGI+ Power Control, Fan Xpert 3, and Turbo App
ASUS Exclusive Features:
- AI Suite 3
- Ai Charger+
- USB 3.1 Boost
- Disk Unlocker
- Mobo Connect
- PC Cleaner
- Media Streamer
ASUS EZ DIY:
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 3
- ASUS USB BIOS Flashback
- Push Notice
- ASUS Q-Shield
- ASUS Q-Code
- ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED)
- ASUS Q-Slot
- ASUS Q-DIMM
- ASUS Q-Connector
- ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
Operating System Support
- Windows 10 , 64bit
- Windows 8.1 , 64bit
- Windows 7 , 32bit/64bit
Back I/O Ports
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port(s)
- 1 x DisplayPort
- 1 x HDMI
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
- 1 x USB 3.1 (black)Type-C
- 1 x USB 3.1 (red)Type-A
- 6 x USB 3.0 (blue)
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF out
- 5 x Audio jack(s)
- 1 x Clear CMOS button(s)
- 1 x USB BIOS Flashback Button(s)
Internal I/O Ports
- 1 x AAFP connector
- 1 x USB 3.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.0 port(s)
- 2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
- 2 x SATA Express connector: gray, Compatible with 4 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key design, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (Supports both SATA & PCIE SSD)
- 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
- 1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (4 -pin)
- 1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s) (4 -pin)
- 4 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (4 -pin)
- 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
- 1 x System panel(s) (Q-Connector)
- 1 x 5-pin EXT_FAN(Extension Fan) connector
- 1 x MemOK! button(s)
- 1 x Thermal sensor connector(s)
- 1 x Power-on button(s)
- 1 x Reset button(s)
- 1 x Water Pump header (4-pin)
- 1 x LN2 Mode jumper(s)
- 1 x ROG extension (ROG_EXT) header(s)
- 1 x Safe Boot button
- 1 x ReTry button
- User's manual
- ASUS Q-Shield
- 4 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
- 1 x M.2 Screw Package
- 1 x CPU installation tool
- 1 x Supporting DVD
- 1 x SLI bridge(s)
- 1 x Q-connector(s) (1 in 1)
- 1 x 12 in 1 ROG Cable Label(s)
- ROG Fan Label
- 1 x ROG Door Hanger(s)
- 128 Mb Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI3.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 3.0, ACPI 5.0, Multi-language BIOS, ASUS EZ Flash 3, CrashFree BIOS 3, F11 EZ Tuning Wizard, F6 Qfan Control, F3 My Favorites, F9 Quick Note, Last Modified log, F12 PrintScreen and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information.
- WfM2.0, DMI3.0, WOL by PME, PXE
- ROG GameFirst technology
- ROG RAMCache
- ROG RAMDisk
- KeyBot II
- ROG CPU-Z
- ROG Mem TweakIt
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- DAEMON Tools Pro Standard
- ASUS WebStorage
- ASUS Utilities
- mATX Form Factor
- 9.6 inch x 9.6 inch ( 24.4 cm x 24.4 cm )
No reviews yet.