Best of Both Worlds - (Import CD)
List Price R 254
Discovery Miles 2 350
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Hard Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- Van Halen; Ted Templeman; Andy Johns; Bruce Fairbairn; Glen Ballard; Van Halen (Compilation)
- The Best of Both Worlds [Digipak]
Includes three previously unreleased tracks.
Van Halen: David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen, Michael Anthony, Sammy Hagar.
Personnel: Sammy Hagar (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar); David Lee Roth (vocals); Alex Van Halen (drums, percussion, background vocals); Michael Anthony (background vocals).
Audio Remasterer: Stephen Marcussen.
Liner Note Author: David Wild.
Photographer: Kevin Westenberg.
Bursting forth in the late 1970s, Van Halen made its mark by melding the hammering wallop of hard rock with an iconoclastic approach to the guitar. With striking virtuosity, Eddie Van Halen's guitar playing succeeded in turning the heads and dropping the jaws of a wide range of listeners. Matched with the acrobatic energy of frontman David Lee Roth and the formidable rhythm section of bassist Michael Anthony and drummer Alex Van Halen, these combined elements added up to Van Halen's hugely success musical formula.
THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS is a two-disc overview of more than 25 years of Van Halen recordings. The set contains a few of the now-standard new songs included in such offerings. Placed on the first disc, this trio of tunes finds VH's second singer, Sammy Hagar, back on board (he'd left in '96 when the band planned to record with Roth again). In fact, the compilation's title (taken from the Hagar-era song) is a reference to the band's two major eras, as demarcated by their distinctly different frontmen. The result is a collection that features raucous, hyperactive songs with Roth ("Hot for Teacher," "Jump," "Unchained") and soaring ballads and mid-tempo anthems with Hagar ("Dreams," "Right Now," "Finish What Ya Started").
- Country of Origin
- Warner Bros.
- WEA (Distributor)
- Van Halen
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Eruption
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] It's About Time - (previously unreleased)
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Up for Breakfast - (previously unreleased)
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Learning to See - (previously unreleased)
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Finish What Ya Started
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] You Really Got Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Dreams
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Hot for Teacher
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Poundcake
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] And the Cradle Will Rock...
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Black and Blue
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Jump
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Top of the World
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] (Oh) Pretty Woman
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Love Walks In
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Beautiful Girls
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] Can't Stop Lovin' You
- [ Disc 01 Track 19 ] Unchained
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] Panama
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] Best of Both Worlds
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] Jamie's Cryin'
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] Runaround
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] I'll Wait
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] Why Can't This Be Love
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] Runnin' with the Devil
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] When It's Love
- [ Disc 02 Track 09 ] Dancing in the Street
- [ Disc 02 Track 10 ] Not Enough
- [ Disc 02 Track 11 ] Feels So Good
- [ Disc 02 Track 12 ] Right Now
- [ Disc 02 Track 13 ] Everybody Wants Some!!
- [ Disc 02 Track 14 ] Dance the Night Away
- [ Disc 02 Track 15 ] Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love - (live, live)
- [ Disc 02 Track 16 ] Panama - (live, live)
- [ Disc 02 Track 17 ] Jump - (live, live)
- Studio / Live
Rolling Stone (p.83) - 3 1/2 stars out of 5 - "[With] powerful examples of the greatest party band of the past twenty-five years."
Spin (p.123) - "Three decent new cuts add modern sludge riffs and digital voice effects to the usual pop-metal spritz."
No reviews yet.