Best of the Art of Noise - (Import CD)
Art of Noise
Discovery Miles 2 990
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Experimental Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- Art Of Noise; Chaz Stevens; Gary Langan; Johnathon J. Jeczalik; Liam Howlett; Anne Dudley
- The Best of the Art of Noise [Pink Cover]
Art Of Noise: Anne Dudley, J.J. Jeczalik.
Additional personnel: Tom Jones (vocals); Duane Eddy (guitar).
Photographer: Paul Wakefield.
Arrangers: Chaz Stevens; Gary Langan; Johnathon J. Jeczalik; Liam Howlett; Anne Dudley.
THE BEST OF THE ART OF NOISE is a slightly misleading title. This ten-track compilation from 1989 contains none of Anne Dudley and J.J. Jeczalik's innovative and groundbreaking collaborations with producer/theorist Trevor Horn from 1982 to 1985 (except in the form of themes and motifs which endlessly recur throughout this album and the rest of the Art of Noise's many releases). Also, this compilation contains no re-releases of familiar material, but entirely--and in some cases startlingly--new remixes of the older works.
The compilation focuses on the band's singles, including a drastically altered version of their hit "Legs" called "Legacy," as well as novelties like collaborations with Duane Eddy ("Peter Gunn"), Max Headroom ("Paranoimia"), Dan Ackroyd ("Dragnet '88") and Tom Jones (Prince's "Kiss"). Other tracks include the lovely, orchestral "Opus" and the more sinister "Something Always Happens."
- Country of Origin
- China (USA)
- Studio / Live
- The Art of Noise
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Opus 4
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Yebo!
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Instruments of Darkness (All of Us Are One People)
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Robinson Crusoe
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Peter Gunn
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Paranoimia
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Legacy
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Dragnet '88
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Kiss
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Something Always Happens
- WEA (Distributor)
- Entertainment Weekly (1/17/97, p.64) - "In the early '80s, Art Of Noise forged an eclectic mix of club grooves, atmospheric soundscapes, and rock panache that prefigured '90s techno and ambient....their BEST OF...could still pack dance floors..." - Rating: B+
- 32m 51s
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.