Big & Rich - Comin' To Your City (CD)
Big & Rich
Discovery Miles 1 630
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Contemporary Country
- Number of Discs
- Copy Control
- Number of Items
- Comin' to Your City
- Country of Origin
- Warner Brothers
- WEA (Distributor)
- Mono / Stereo
Rolling Stone (No. 987, p.130) - 3.5 out of 5 stars - "...COMIN' TO YOUR CITY is as expert as it is exceptional."
Spin (p.106) - "'Never Mind Me,' the album's highlight, is a soft-rock ballad that takes cues from early Steely Dan, and 'I Pray For You' suggests Journey without the pomp." -- Grade: B
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] The Freak Parade
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Coming To Your City
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Never Mind ME
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Caught Up In The Moment
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Leap Of Faith
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] I Pray For You
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Filthy Rich
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Jalapeno
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] 20 Margaritas
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Blow My Mind
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Slow Motion
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] 8th Of November
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Our America
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Our America
- South Africa
- Pop / Rock
- Release Date
- 25 November 2005
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Freak Parade, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Comin' to Your City
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Soul Shaker
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Never Mind Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Caught Up in the Moment
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Leap of Faith
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] I Pray for You
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Filthy Rich
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Jalape¤o
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] 20 Margaritas
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Blow My Mind
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Slow Motion
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] 8th of November
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Our America
Big & Rich: John Rich , Big Kenny .
Personnel: John Rich (acoustic guitar); Paul Worley, Adam Shoenfeld (electric guitar); Mike Johnson (steel guitar); Jonathan Yudkin (dobro, banjo, harp, mandolin, fiddle, cello, strings); Connie Ellisor, Karen Winkelmann, Carolyn Bailey, Zeneba Bowers, Gerald Greer, Denise Baker, Erin Hall, Chris Teal, Carl Gorodetzky, Pamela Sixfin, David Davidson , Alan Umstead, David Angell, Catherine Umstead, Cate Myer, Janet Askey (violin); Kathryn Plummer, Kris Wilkinson, Monisa Angell, Gary VanOsdale (viola); Felix Wang, John Catchings, Sarighani Reist (cello); Maxwell Abrams (saxophone); Mike Rojas (piano, Wurlitzer organ, keyboards, synthesizer); Howard Laravea (piano, synthesizer); Dennis Burnside (keyboards, synthesizer); Wayne Killius, Brian Barnett (drums); Samuel Bacco, Eric Darken, Ron Sorbo (percussion).
Audio Mixer: Clarke Schleicher.
Recording information: Blackbird Studios, Nashville, TN; Ocean Way Nashville; SONY-ATV Studio; Starstruck Studio.
Photographer: Kristin Barlowe.
Unknown Contributor Role: The Nashville String Machine.
Arrangers: Paul Worley; Gretchen Wilson.
After the runaway success of Big & Rich's 2004 debut, HORSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR, the quirky Nashville duo was in serious demand, both producing and appearing on albums by numerous artists. Despite their busy itineraries, Big & Rich's second full-length, COMIN' TO YOUR CITY, doesn't disappoint, offering up more of their wild and wooly rock-tinged country antics.
A sonic fusion of Brooks & Dunn and Barenaked Ladies, John Rich and Big Kenny wear their whimsy like well-fitted cowboy hats, as is apparent on "The Freak Parade," the record's outrageous opener, and the following title track, which is sort of a 21st-century riff on Hank Snow's "I've Been Everywhere." Boasting great vocal harmonies, energetic production, and clever nods to various musical styles, COMIN' TO YOUR CITY is a worthy successor to HORSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR, and is sure to please the faithful while winning over even more Big & Rich converts.
- Date Released
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Big & Rich
- John Rich; Paul Worley; Big Kenny; John Rich; Paul Worley
- 48m 35s
- Chris Stone; Clarke Schleicher; Vance Powell
No reviews yet.