bon Jovi - Bon Jovi: Special Edition (CD)
Discovery Miles 2 750
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Hard Rock
- Number of Items
- Bon Jovi [Special Edition] [Bonus Tracks] [Digipak]
- Country of Origin
- Universal Distribution
- Mono / Stereo
- South Africa
- Pop / Rock
- Release Date
- 31 January 2011
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Runaway
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Roulette
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] She Don't Know Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Shot Through the Heart
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Love Lies
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Breakout
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Burning for Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Come Back
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Get Ready
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Runaway - (previously unreleased, live)
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Roulette - (previously unreleased, live)
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Breakout - (previously unreleased, live)
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Get Ready - (previously unreleased, live)
Bon Jovi: Jon Bon Jovi (vocals, guitar); Richie Sambora (guitar, background vocals); David Rashbaum (keyboards, background vocals); Alec John Such (bass, background vocals); Tico Torres (drums).
Additional personnel: Aldo Nova, Tim Pierce (guitar); Roy Bittan (keyboards); Huey McDonald (bass); Frankie La Rocka (drums); David Grahmme, Mick Seeley (background vocals); Chuck Burgi, Doug Katsoras.
Engineers: Scott Litt, Jeff Hendrickson, Larry Alexander.
Recorded at The Power Station, New York, New York.
Digitally remastered using 20-bit technology by George Marino (1998, Sterling Sound, New York, New York).
Personnel: Jon Bon Jovi (vocals, guitar, background vocals); Richie Sambora (guitar, background vocals); David Rashbaum (keyboards, background vocals); Tico Torres (drums); Alec John Such (background vocals).
Liner Note Authors: Ilene Schreibman; David Wild.
Recording information: Sine Studios, Philadelphia, PA; The Power Station, New York, NY.
Photographers: Mark Weiss; Ross Halfin; Caroline Greyshock; Geoffery Thomas.
Bon Jovi's 1984 debut not only became a blueprint for the band's multi-platinum releases of later years, but a definitive work for an entire genre. Though scores of short-lived pop-metal bands rocketed to popularity on the success of this release, the time-weathered BON JOVI continues to stand out from the pack.
"Runaway," with its infectious hook and keyboard work from E-Streeter Roy Bittan, was discovered by a New York DJ and gave the band some early exposure. "She Don't Know Me" is a catchy mid-tempo rocker. "Shot Through the Heart" turns the hard-rocking pulse up a few notches, with Richie Sambora letting loose on the kind of solo that would be copied by a plethora of L.A. bands. David Bryan's keyboards, an integral part of the group's sound, work nicely on the melodic rocker "Breakout." At a time when synthesizers dominated the pop landscape, Bon Jovi used them to gloss a heavy-rock foundation. "Come Back" shows the enormity of the charisma and emotion that Jon poured into his singing. BON JOVI is a great debut by a band in its underground, formative stage; a street album from a band hungry to make it.
- Date Released
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Bon Jovi
- Lance Quinn; Tony Bongiovi
- 62m 54s
No reviews yet.