Bonfire - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 9 780
On Credit: R / month
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Boxed Set
- Rock & Pop
- Hard Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- Bonfire [Box]
BONFIRE contains rare live tracks, alternate takes, and previously unreleased material as well as a digitally remastered version of the album BACK IN BLACK.
AC/DC: Bon Scott, Brian Johnson (vocals); Angus Young, Malcolm Young (guitar); Cliff Williams (bass); Phil Rudd (drums).
Producers include: Harry Vanda, George Young, Robert John "Mutt" Lange.
Includes liner notes by Murray Engleheart.
When Bon Scott died at the age of 33, many thought this was the end of AC/DC. The band rebounded by recruiting vocalist Brian Johnson (a Scott favorite) and releasing their best-selling album ever, BACK IN BLACK. BONFIRE is a five-disc tribute to the pugnacious and raspy-voiced Scott, overflowing with the bare-fisted riffs and ribald lyrics that were the trademark of his edition of the band. Recorded live at New York's Atlantic Studios, Disc 1 was originally a promotional-only release that's been bootlegged countless times over the years. All thriller, no filler, this recording overflows with plenty of classics ranging from the band's cheeky tribute to venereal disease ("The Clap") to the tale of an over-sexed Rubenesque female fan ("Whole Lotta Rosie.")
Discs Two and Three are an expanded version of the soundtrack to the 1980 concert film "Let There Be Rock." Recorded before a French audience, AC/DC's in-your-face performance transcended any cultural differences and the audience often sang along despite language barriers. Entitled VOLTS, Disc Four consists of work-in-process studio recordings of material such as "Touch Too Much" and "Get It Hot" with different lyrics than the finished versions. The inclusion of the slow blues of "Ride On" shows another side to AC/DC often lost among the lascivious offerings of "Beatin' Around The Bush" and "She's Got Balls." A re-mastered version of BACK IN BLACK completes this set marking the end of one era and the beginning of another.
- Country of Origin
- Epic (USA)
- Studio / Live
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Live Wire - (live)
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Problem Child - (live)
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] High Voltage - (live)
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be - (live)
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Dog Eat Dog - (live)
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Jack, The - (live)
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Whole Lotta Rosie - (live)
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Rocker - (live)
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] Live Wire - (live)
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] Show Down in Flames - (live)
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] Hell Ain't Such a Bad Place to Be - (live)
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] Sin City - (live)
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] Walk All Over You - (live)
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] Bad Boy Boogie - (live)
- [ Disc 03 Track 01 ] Jack, The - (live)
- [ Disc 03 Track 02 ] Highway to Hell - (live)
- [ Disc 03 Track 03 ] Girls Got Rhythm - (live)
- [ Disc 03 Track 04 ] High Voltage - (live)
- [ Disc 03 Track 05 ] Whole Lotta Rosie - (live)
- [ Disc 03 Track 06 ] Rocker - (live)
- [ Disc 03 Track 07 ] T.N.T. - (live)
- [ Disc 03 Track 08 ] Let There Be Rock - (live)
- [ Disc 04 Track 01 ] Dirty Eyes
- [ Disc 04 Track 02 ] Touch Too Much
- [ Disc 04 Track 03 ] If You Want Blood You Got It
- [ Disc 04 Track 04 ] Back Seat Confidential
- [ Disc 04 Track 05 ] Get It Hot
- [ Disc 04 Track 06 ] Sin City - (live, on ABC's "Midnight Special")
- [ Disc 04 Track 07 ] She's Got Balls - (live, from Bondi Lifesaver)
- [ Disc 04 Track 08 ] School Days
- [ Disc 04 Track 09 ] It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'N' Roll)
- [ Disc 04 Track 10 ] Ride On
- [ Disc 05 Track 01 ] Hells Bells
- [ Disc 05 Track 02 ] Shoot to Thrill
- [ Disc 05 Track 03 ] What Do You Do for Money Honey
- [ Disc 05 Track 04 ] Givin the Dog a Bone
- [ Disc 05 Track 05 ] Let Me Put My Love into You
- [ Disc 05 Track 06 ] Back in Black
- [ Disc 05 Track 07 ] You Shook Me All Night Long
- [ Disc 05 Track 08 ] Have a Drink on Me
- [ Disc 05 Track 09 ] Shake a Leg
- [ Disc 05 Track 10 ] Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution
- Sony Music Distribution (
Spin (2/98, p.104) - 7 (out of 10) - "...This is dance music for boys who claim they hate dance music....Ultimately, what you hear on BONFIRE is the link between mainstream metal, disco, and punk self-destruction, a formula that has obviously been studied by such beat-intensive bands as Guns N' Roses and Prodigy..."
Entertainment Weekly (12/12/97, p.84) - "...Though BONFIRE could have been titled VARIATIONS ON FOUR CHORDS, it's as down and dirty as rock gets."
- Rating: B
Q (12/03, p.148) - 4 stars out of 5 - "...[A] handsome treasure trove of novelty demos, the whole of 1980's Back In Black album, plus three live discs reprising the derailing freight train sound of the band in concert..."
NME (Magazine) (12/13/97, p.38) - 8 (out of 10) - "...BONFIRE...is raw, hoarse and flawed, but it's AC/DC in flame. This box should carry a warning: 'Wear protective gloves before opening.'"
- 216m 22s
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.