An Inconvenient Youth
by Fiona Forde
Was R 133
Discovery Miles 1 050
This item is in stock in our CPT warehouse. If ordered and paid for before 14:00, it will be shipped (which is the date it will leave TAKEALOT's warehouse) same day.
You can also collect it yourself from our warehouse during the week or over weekends.
- More than a ringleader, a rabble-rouser and a rebel who knows no bounds, Julius Malema is a new kind of cadre in South African political life, a radical product of 100 years of struggle politics. Whether you love him or loathe him, he is undeniably one of the most controversial politicians of our time and yet he remains an enigma to most. An Inconvenient Youth traces Malema's life, from his early, poverty-stricken years in Limpopo, to his joining the student structures of the ANC in the early 1990s, and his rapid rise through the party's ranks to become the president of the ANC Youth League in 2008. Forde analyses the sources of Malema's wealth, exploring his seamless approach to business through politics. She situates Malema within the ANC's history and shows in unprecedented detail how he has perfected the practices that characterise a new 'struggle' in which individuals extend their personal wealth and political power at the expense of the people. This researched account explores how a brave child has grown to become a grave inconvenience, not only to the ANC, but also, due to his style of politics, to South Africa's fledgling democracy.
- City of Publication
- South Africa
- Country of Publication
- Date of Publication
- 01 July 2011
- Height (mm)
- Number of Pages
- POLITICAL SCIENCE / Political Process / Leadership
- HISTORY / Africa / South / Republic of South Africa
- Political leaders & leadership
- African history
- Republic of South Africa
- South Africa - Politics and government - 1994-
- African National Congress
- Malema, Julius - Political and social views
- Biography: Historical, Political & Military
- An Inconvenient Youth
- Width (mm)
No reviews yet.