Bowers and Wilkins MT-55 Speaker Package - Black
Discovery Miles 204 900
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
Bowers and Wilkins MT-55 speaker package - Black
Sleek, compact, yet packing a powerful punch, the M-1 satellite speaker can be used on its own, with a subwoofer in a 2.1 system, or as the backbone of our Mini Theatre systems. From the inside out, the M-1 was conceived as a unified system. Its design has evolved in a totally integrated way, from the custom-made crossover to the two-piece clamshell cabinet.
And now, following a complete technological overhaul, including all-new drive units designed in-house, it sounds better than ever. Dispersion has increased. Imaging is pin-point accurate. Performance is now full range. In fact, the improvement is such that a single pair of M-1s could happily take on the role of your dedicated stereo speakers.
The speaker's versatility allows it to adapt perfectly to any home environment, no matter how awkward the space. You can put the M-1 on a bookshelf. Or mount it on a wall. Or position it on its own floor-length stand. It can even swivel to a horizontal position, for when you want to use one as a centre channel speaker. Available in a choice of Matte Black or Matte White finishes, its clamshell cabinet is formed from just two interlocking, continuously curving sections. It all adds up to stunning sound, whatever you are listening to.
The ASW610 subwoofer presents a very happy medium between the more diminutive ASW608 and the all-out power of the ASW610XP. Its long-throw 250mm driver allows the ASW610 to move the large volumes of air needed for high-quality low-frequency output, and its audiophile-standard 200W Class D amplifier keeps the compact unit running cool, even when the music or movie action is whipping up a storm.
In all of the 600 Series subwoofers, the bass driver diaphragms are constructed from a rugged, finely-tuned mix of paper pulp, Kevlar fibres and resin, which provides the stiffness needed to withstand the tremendous physical forces exerted by the voice coil and pressures inside the cabinet.
Ultra-solid construction delivers slamming bass, drum kicks, and special movie effects. Deformation is minimised, bass precision, power and enjoyment are maximised.
- 5 x M-1 speakers with ASW 610 subwoofer
- 2-way shielded monitors Nautilus tube loaded tweeter with aluminium dome
- Woven glass fibre cone bass/midrange
- Drive units: 1x 25mm (1in) aluminium dome high-frequency and 1x 100mm (4in) woven glass fibre cone bass/midrange
- Recommended amplifier power 20W - 100W into 8 ohm on unclipped programme
- Desktop brack and wall mount bracket included
- Active closed-box subwoofer
- 1x 250mm (10 in) paper/Kevlar cone long-throw
- Power output: 200W
- Inputs: Line In (RCA Phono), Speaker in (Binding post), 12v trigger (3.5mm jack)
- Finishes: Matte Black or Matte White
No reviews yet.