Brenda Lee - Millennium Collection - Best Of Brenda Lee (CD)
Discovery Miles 870
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock 'N' Roll
- Number of Discs
- Number of Items
- 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Brenda Lee
- Country of Origin
- Universal Distribution
- Mono / Stereo
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] I'm Sorry
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Sweet Nothin's
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] I Want to Be Wanted
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] You Can Depend on Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] That's All You Gotta Do
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Emotions
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Break It to Me Gently
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Dum Dum
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Fool #1
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Everybody Loves Me But You
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Losing You
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] All Alone Am I
- Pop / Rock
- South Africa
Producer: Owen Bradley.
Compilation producer: Andy McKaie.
Includes liner notes by Joseph F. Laredo.
Digitally remastered by Doug Schwartz (Audio Mechanics, Los Angeles, California).
This is part of MCA's 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection series.
Audio Remixer: Doug Schwartz.
Liner Note Author: Joseph F. Laredo.
Recording information: Nashville, TN (08/13/1959-02/20/1963).
Like any record company worth their salt, MCA knows a good gimmick when they see it, and when the millennium came around, 20th Century Masters -- The Millennium Collection wasn't too far behind. Supposedly, the millennium is a momentous occasion, but it's hard to feel that way when it's used as another excuse to turn out a budget-line series. But apart from the presumptuous title, 20th Century Masters -- The Millennium Collection turns out to be a very good budget-line series. True, it's impossible for any of these ten-track collections to be definitive, but they're nevertheless solid samplers that don't feature a bad song in the bunch. For example, take Brenda Lee's 20th Century volume. Yes, there are some great songs missing, but what's here is terrific, including "I'm Sorry," "Sweet Nothin's," "I Want to Be Wanted," "That's All You Gotta Do," "Emotions," "Break It to Me Gently," "Dum Dum," "Everybody Loves Me but You," and "All Alone Am I." Serious fans will want something more extensive and neophytes would be best-served by better-chosen collections, but this disc is quite entertaining, considering its length and price. That doesn't erase the ridiculousness of the series' title, but the silliness is excusable when the music and the collections are good. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
- Date Released
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Brenda Lee
- 32m 7s
No reviews yet.