Canon EF 40mm f2.8 STM Pancake Lens
Fixed Focal Length Lens
List Price R 3,389
Discovery Miles 17 890
On Credit: R / month
This item is in stock in our CPT warehouse and can be shipped from there.You can also collect it yourself from our warehouse during the week or over weekends.
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
Includes the following:
Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens, front lens cap and rear lens cap
- EF Mount Lens
- Aperture Range: f/2.8-22
- Aspherical Lens Element
- STM Stepping Motor for Smooth, Silent AF
- Lightweight & Compact: 4.6 oz, 1" Long
- Lens Coatings Reduce Ghost & Flare
- 7-Blade Circular Diaphragm
- Minimum Focus Distance: 11.81"
- 64mm Equivalent on APS-C Cameras
- STM Focus in Video on Select EOS Cameras
Focal Length: 40mm
Comparable APS-C Focal Length: 64 mm
Aperture: Maximum: f/2.8
Camera Mount Type: Canon EF
Format Compatibility: 35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
Angle of View: 57° 30'
Minimum Focus Distance: 11.81" (30.00 cm)
Diaphragm Blades: 7
Image Stabilization: No
Tripod Collar: No
Filter Thread: Front:52 mm
Dimensions (DxL): Approx. 2.7 x 0.9" (6.86 x 2.29 cm)
Weight: 4.6 oz (130 g)
This EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Lens from Canon is a welcome addition to Canon's line-up of EF lenses--a light, inconspicuous "normal" lens. At a featherweight 4.6 oz, this is one of the lightest lenses in the EF family. It's less than one inch long, so it will never draw unwelcome attention to you when you're shooting in public. A bright f/2.8 maximum aperture allows you to shoot under pretty much any lighting conditions, and the sophisticated lens configuration, including one aspherical element, guarantees high image quality from the center to the edge of the frame. The optimized coatings used in constructing the lens greatly reduce ghosting and flare, and deliver superb color balance.
STM functionality provides quiet, smooth and continuous autofocus during video operation (continuous video autofocus only when used with the Canon EOS 70D, Rebel T4i and T5i). The circular aperture formed by 7 diaphragm blades combined with the wide aperture can give you beautiful bokeh--the out-of-focus background areas of your images. This 40mm lens will give you a view equivalent to 64mm when used on a camera with an APS-C sensor, and is able to focus as close as 11.81".
- Newly developed STM technology for smooth and quiet continuous AF while shooting video (continuous video autofocus only supported with EOS 70D, Rebel T4i and T5i cameras).
- Lightweight and unobtrusive 4.6 oz lens is less than one inch long.
- Bright f/2.8 aperture is effective in low light situations and provides shallow depth of field focus control.
- High image quality from the center to the periphery thanks to its advanced lens configuration including one aspherical element.
- Optimized coatings that minimize ghosting and flare while providing exceptional color balance
- A circular 7-blade aperture for beautiful soft-focus backgrounds
- Short minimum focusing distance of only 11.81"
- Mounted on a camera with an APS-C sensor, this lens offers a view similar to a 64mm lens in the 35mm format.
Emmanuel, South Africa. 18 May 2016
Genuine capable product.
Tilman, South Africa. 16 April 2015
Fantastic lens for the price!