Canon EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
Zoom Lens EF-S
Discovery Miles 32 890
On Credit: R / month
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free delivery available |
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
Can fit the following:
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens, 56mm lens cap and rear lens cap
- EF-S Mount lens
- 29-88mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/3.5-38
- One Aspherical Element
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Stepping Motor, Internal Focusing System
- Supports Movie Servo AF Feature
- Manual Focus Override in AF Mode
- Constant Minimum Focus Distance: 9.8"
- 58mm Filter Diameter
Focal Length: 18 - 55mm
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 29 - 88 mm
Aperture: Maximum: f/3.5 - 5.6
Minimum: f/22.0 - 38.0
Camera Mount Type: Canon EF-S
Format Compatibility: Canon (APS-C)
Angle of View: 74° 20' - 27° 50'
Minimum Focus Distance: 9.8" (.25 m)
Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 1:3
Diaphragm Blades: 7
Image Stabilization: Yes
Tripod Collar: No
Filter Thread: Front:58 mm
Dimensions (DxL): Approx. 2.72 x 2.96" (6.91 x 7.52 cm)
Weight: 7.23 oz (205 g)
The EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens from Canon is a standard zoom compatible with Canon APS-C format cameras. It features a focal length range of 18-55mm which is equivalent to 29-88mm in the 35mm format. Optical Image Stabilization provides the equivalent of up to four stops of shake correction for clear imaging, even in low light.
A high-precision aspherical element reduces chromatic aberration throughout the zoom range for high resolution and contrast. The lens supports Canon's EOS Movie Servo AF feature for smooth and quiet continuous autofocusing during movie recording. This feature is enabled by the use of a six-group zoom system plus a stepping motor focusing mechanism. Additionally, manual focus adjustment is possible while shooting in AF mode, and an internal focusing system enables faster performance, maintains an overall compact lens form-factor and allows for a closer minimum focusing distance of 9.8".
The front element of the lens does not rotate during focusing, allowing you to use polarizing filters without a problem. Optimized lens coatings ensure precise color balance while minimizing ghosting and flare, and the 7-blade circular diaphragm produces pleasing background blur.
- Optical Image Stabilization provides up to 4 stops of correction against camera shake, providing you with clearer images, even in dim light.
- The STM feature complements the Movie Servo AF feature found on select EOS Cameras with a compact six-group zoom system and a new stepping motor and focus mechanism to deliver smooth and quiet continuous AF during movie shooting.
- Manual focus override allows you to utilize the manual focus option at any time, even in autofocus mode, for precise focusing when needed.
- One aspherical lens element reduces aberrations and helps to provide overall edge to edge sharpness.
No reviews yet.