Canon EF-S 24mm f2.8 STM Lens
List Price R 1,789
Discovery Miles 16 890
On Credit: R / month
This item is in stock in our JHB warehouse and can be shipped from there. No collection facilities available, sorry!
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free delivery available |
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
Includes the following:
Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM lens, E 52 ll front lens cap and rear lens cap
- EF-S Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 38mm (35mm Equivalent)
- One Aspherical Element
- Optimized Lens Coatings
- STM AF Motor Supports Movie Servo AF
- Micro-Stepping Drive Aperture Mechanism
- Full-Time Manual Focus Override
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
- Slim Design Measures Less Than 1"-Thick
Characterized by a truly thin profile, along with an advanced autofocus motor, the Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens is a wide-angle prime designed for APS-C-size EOS DSLRs. Providing a 38mm-equivalent focal length, this lens takes on a slightly wider-than-normal perspective to benefit its use in a broad variety of shooting situations. A stepping motor AF system pairs well with cameras featuring the Movie Servo AF mode, where it will deliver fast, smooth, and nearly silent focusing performance that can instantly be manually overridden at any time. When coupled with a sophisticated optical design, this slim, lightweight, and versatile lens is an ideal take-everywhere option.
One aspherical element is incorporated within the lens' construction, which helps to minimize chromatic aberrations and produce imagery with notable sharpness and clarity. Optimized lens coatings further benefit performance by reducing lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color fidelity. Additionally, similar to the STM AF system, the aperture mechanism is based on a micro-stepping motor to maintain overall quietness during operation.
- Compact wide-angle prime is designed specifically for use with APS-C-sized sensors, and will provide a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 38mm.
- An STM stepping motor is incorporated into the lens' design to provide quick, smooth, and near silent autofocus performance. Additionally, this focusing mechanism also pairs well with EOS cameras featuring the Movie Servo AF mode to enable continuous focusing performance when working in live view.
- Converse to the AF system, full-time manual focus override is possible when in One Shot AF mode for critical fine-tuning of focus placement.
- One aspherical element is incorporated within the lens' design to minimize chromatic aberrations and distortions from edge-to-edge.
- Optimized lens coatings and design help to suppress lens flare and ghosting for increased contrast and clarity.
- A micro-stepping mechanism is employed to deliver near silent aperture adjustment.
- A nearly circular seven-bladed diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality when utilizing selective focus techniques.
- Slim-profiled lens, measuring less than 1"-thick, is an ideal everyday lens for a wide variety of shooting applications.
Paul, South Africa. 25 April 2016
Solid build, practically no distortion, small and compact.
Trudi, South Africa. 11 February 2016
Wayne, South Africa. 20 July 2016
I have the 50mm STM, and this is a good match because sometimes, especially in a room I wouldn't have enough space to move back with the 50mm STM.
It also opens up options with landscape pics.
It also seems to focus faster than the 50mm STM and can get group shots that I couldn't get with the 50mm. If I was a brand new photographer, the 24mm STM and 50mm STM would be the first two lenses I would get again.
The kit lens that came with the camera, I haven't put back on since owning these two.
Jannie, South Africa. 9 February 2016
Johan, South Africa. 2 September 2015
This is a very sharp lens at a very good price! Good build quality also!
Fanie, South Africa. 27 June 2015
Great lens, very sharp.
Ugan, South Africa. 29 November 2015
Great build quality, fast auto focus, very light. This lens is one of the best value for money primes for APSC crop sensor Canon cameras. Pictures are sharp, there is minimal to no chromatic aberration and hardly any vignetting. Its also great for video. I used this for landscape photography and as an everyday shooter!!
Tiaan, South Africa. 6 April 2016
Great little lens. Vignetting at 2.8 is very strong though.
Johnson, South Africa. 15 July 2016
This lens comes highly recommended for any crop frame Canon DSLR owner ~ smallest Canon lens there is and the STM motor makes it speedy and great for video too
Richard, South Africa. 3 October 2016
Great build quality. Nice for portraits. Can't wait to use the lens some more! :)