Canon PIXMA iP2840 A4 Single Function Ink Printer
List Price R 559
Discovery Miles 5 190
This item is in stock in our CPT warehouse and can be shipped from there.You can also collect it yourself from our warehouse during the week or over weekends.
This item is in stock in our JHB warehouse and can be shipped from there. No collection facilities available, sorry!
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- USB cable not included
- Print Resolution Up to 4800 x 600 dpi
- Print Technology 2 FINE Cartridges (BK, CL)
- Inkjet system with 2pl (min.) ink droplet size
- Mono Print Speed Approx. 8.0 ipm
- Colour Print Speed Approx. 4.0 ipm
- Two Sided Printing Manual operation
- Standard Ink Cartridges PG-445 (Pigment Black); CL-446 (Colour)
- Optional XL Ink Cartridges PG-445XL (Pigment Black XL); CL-446XL (Colour XL)
- Yields BK (Pigment Black) Standard: 180 document pages; Optional XL: 400 document pages
- Yields CL (Colour - CMY) Standard: 180 document pages; Optional XL: 300 document pages
- Testing standards ISO/IEC 24711 for A4 colour document pages
- Values obtained by continuous printing
- Paper Types: Plain Paper; Envelopes (DL, COM10); Canon Plus Glossy II (PP-201); Canon Glossy Everyday Use (GP-501)
- Maximum Paper Input Max. 60 sheets of plain paper
- Max. 10 sheets of photo paper
- Paper Sizes Plain paper: A4, A5, B5, LTR, LGL
- Photo paper: 13x18cm, 10x15cm
- Paper Weight Plain paper: 64 - 105 g/m-squared
- Canon photo paper up to 275 g/m-squared (PP-201)
- Wired Connections Hi-Speed USB
- Supported Operating Systems Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista SP1 & SP2 / XP SP3 32-bit; Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
- Supported Mobile Systems Windows RT
- Minimum System Requirements Windows: Internet Explorer 8, internet connection or CD-ROM; Mac: Safari 5 and internet connection
- Display: 1024 x 768 XGA
- Software Included Printer driver; My Image Garden; Quick Menu; Easy-WebPrint EX (plug-in for IE8 or higher)
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 426 x 235 x 134mm
- Weight Approx. 2.3 kg
- Power Source AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption Standby: Approx. 0.8 W; Off: Approx. 0.5 W; Printing: Approx. 8.0W
- Recommended Operating Environment Temperature: 15-30 Degrees Celsius
- Humidity: 10-80%RH (no dew condensation)
- Print Resolution Ink droplets can be placed with a minimum pitch of 1/4800 inch
- Mono Print Speed A4 document print speed on plain paper is measured based on average of ESAT in Office Category Test of ISO/IEC 24734 standard
- Colour Print Speed A4 document print speed on plain paper is measured based on average of ESAT in Office Category Test of ISO/IEC 24734 standard
- Power Consumption When printing ISO/JIS-SCID N2 pattern on A4 size plain paper using default settings
Joachim, South Africa. 3 September 2016
It is indeed an "entry model". It was the only Canon single function printer which I could find and it serves its purpose (4 out of 5).
One problem: When printing A4 posters with a bit wider page border , the printer cuts off most of the bottom border.
Canon SA were helpful with advice about settings but applying them does not help. So, I gave up.
JZ. September 2916
Shaun, South Africa. 19 October 2015
Great small printer that does what it is supposed to.
Leonard, South Africa. 8 July 2016
Completely useless printer! It cannot do even the most basic print jobs. They say it's high definition, but doesn't print any lines finer than 0.5 mm. It's supposed to be a colour printer, but I've never been able to get mine to print colour, after hours of troubleshooting.
It picks up two or three sheets of paper at a time and prints on the top one, sometimes the paper slips and it prints your document half on one sheet and half on another. Don't waste your money on the worst piece crap Canon has ever called a product.