Canon PIXMA iP7240 Single Inkjet Printer
List Price R 1,399
Discovery Miles 12 990
On Credit: R / month
This item is in stock in our JHB warehouse and can be shipped from there. No collection facilities available, sorry!
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
Canon PIXMA iP7240 is a high performance photo printer with 5 individual inks, Wi-Fi connectivity and smartphone printing. Low-profile design with two fully integrated paper trays, Auto Duplex and Direct Disc Print.
- USB cable not included
- High performance 5-ink photo printer with Wi-Fi
- Photolab quality printing, fast
- Low-profile design with integrated paper trays
- Mobile printing & Apple AirPrint
- My Image Garden software
- Direct Disc Print & Auto Duplex
- Print more with optional XL inks
- Print Resolution: Up to 9600 x 2400 dpi
- Print Engine: Inkjet FINE print head technology, 5-colour system with min. 1pl ink droplet size, 5 Individual Ink Tanks with ChromaLife100+
- Mono Document Print Speed: ESAT: Approx. 15.0 ipm
- Colour Document Print Speed: ESAT: Approx. 10.0 ipm
- Photo Print Speed: Borderless 10x15cm : Approx. 21 seconds
- Borderless Printing: Yes (A4, Letter, 20x25cm, 13x18cm, 10x15cm)
- Two Sided Printing: Auto Duplex Print (A4, A5, B5, Letter)
- Direct Disc Printing: Yes (software included)
- Other Print Features: Fit-to-Page print, Scaled print, Multiple page per sheet print, Booklet print, Poster print, Collate
- Standard Ink Cartridges: 5 individual ink tanks: PGI-450PGBK (Pigment Black), CLI-451BK (Black), CLI-451C (Cyan), CLI-451M (Magenta), CLI-451Y (Yellow)
- Optional Ink Cartridges: High yield XL ink tanks: PGI-450PGBK XL (Pigment Black), CLI-451BK XL (Black), CLI-451C XL (Cyan), CLI-451M XL (Magenta), CLI-451Y XL (Yellow)
- Ink Tank Life - Document Printing: A4 Colour Document: Pigment Black: 300 pages, Pigment Black XL: 500 pages, Black: 1795* pages, Black XL: 5530* pages, Cyan: 332 pages, Cyan XL: 695 pages, Magenta: 319 pages, Magenta XL: 680 pages, Yellow: 344 pages, Yellow XL: 695 pages
- Ink Tank Life - Photo Printing: 10x15cm photo- Pigment Black: 2425* photos, Pigment Black XL: 5615* photos, Black: 376* photos, Black XL: 1130* photos, Cyan: 121 photos, Cyan XL: 267 photos, Magenta: 132 photos, Magenta XL: 313 photos, Yellow: 130 photos, Yellow XL: 274 photos
* Estimated supplemental yield
Werner, South Africa. 3 June 2015
The printer is perfect for the everyday home user. The printer is very easy to operate and the two paper trays work wonderful. The disc tray for printing is also nicely tucked away under the one paper tray. Printing quality is more than efficient for the most printing jobs and the photo printing is far better than the iP4200 I had before.
Jacobus, South Africa. 24 May 2013
I've had this printer now for 1 month and the feature I like the most about it, broke already.
Front cover opens when you print and forgot to open it - Something I really like as I usually forget and ends up with origami instead.
Gorgeous photo quality
XL Ink cartridges available at reasonable price.
Sleep mode - Shut down the printer after some inactivity and wakes it up as well when you print. (note: neither of these work when connected through wifi, only USB)
I really like the dual paper trays. I only use this printer to print my photos and onto my DVD's. The top tray I use for my smaller photo paper like 4 x 6 and the bottom tray for A4 photo paper.
DVD tray storage: The dvd tray is clipped underneath the top paper tray. That means that it isn't missing when you need it.
So far I have been able to print onto any thickness of photo paper that I have. From 110 - 260gsm.
The Front cover tray is already broken 1 month after i bought it. I haven't even used all of the setup cartridges i get with the printer. Printed about 10DVD's and 40 Photos.
The paper tray that pops open looks cool but is flimsy.
The software in my opinion is the biggest drawback with this printer. Yes even bigger than the paper tray breaking. I've had quite a few printers but never have i been so restrained in what i can do.
For example: When printing on DVD's there are a few set templates that you can choose from and drop photos here and there. You can also remove the background and put one photo as a background. But here's the main problem: Thus far I have not found a way to re-size or move the text boxes. You can't make the text bigger than the box or resize the textbox to fit bigger text.
The Photo printing program is marginally better.
Its just such a laborious task to do the simplest thing like quickly print a photo. You just can't. I long for the quick simplicity of my Epson R290. I have a HP 5525 and HP made the same mistake with their photo printing program.
This printer prints excellent quality photo prints and whilst the ink isn't dirt cheap, it isn't as expensive as some photo printers.
The software was a big let down for me. Perhaps I should rephrase that, the software has loads of features, but you just can't do a simple thing like print a single 4 x 6 photo quickly with it. Its good that Canon included all that but what they seemed to forget is that most will use it to print photos or onto dvd's and they really should have included an easy or quick mode in order to do that quickly, easily and more importantly, painlessly.
Brian, South Africa. 28 November 2016
The printer is well more than I could have asked for. The WiFi connectivity is great to say the least. The 5 separate inks to me are also a must and are a cost saver in the long run.A FIRST CLASS product.
Anthony, South Africa. 10 April 2014
The right printer at the right price for what I require.
Dave, South Africa. 11 June 2014
Excellent product at a reasonable price!
Mark, South Africa. 24 February 2015
Quick and easy to install. Does what I want and for the price, I am happy with the result. Photo quality is not exceptional, but it good enough for my use. WiFi printing is very slow for day-to-day printing and would rather stick to the cable for that.
Shelagh, South Africa. 24 October 2014
Had it installed on Wednesday and everything seems to be great. Have always used Canon printers so hopefully this one will serve me as well as the previous two!
Steven, South Africa. 5 June 2014
Great! Just what I wanted. Thank you!
Anneline, South Africa. 9 December 2014
We have 3 of these printers and its fantastic. Will definitely recommend it as nr 1 printer.
Zerelda, South Africa. 16 February 2015
Craig, South Africa. 28 August 2014
I like the Canon single tank printers. They can work hard. I print regular batches (50+) A4 DVD Covers, directly onto discs and envelopes and I get my moneys worth from the printer. I only use Canon ink though and once a printer gives problems, they are replaced. Currently have 3 Canon printers.
Deon, South Africa. 13 March 2015
I had the Cannon Pima Ip4300 before I purchase this upgrade Canon Pixma iP7240. The iP4300 was a fantastic printer and the upgraded IP7240 just got better. Quality is really good and I like the fuction that the printer can print directly onto a DVD/CD.
Freyni, South Africa. 7 July 2016
Fantastic quality even on the speediest setting. Love the duplex printing feature - simple to set up. And the ink cartridges seem to last well.
Jorge, South Africa. 15 August 2014
Speedy delivery, very good printer for all those small jobs.
Tommy, South Africa. 2 June 2016
Fantastic product and service
Lance, South Africa. 26 May 2016
Printer takes a while to setup. And only comes with a cd and my MAC doesn't allow cd intake so figuring out a download, though not to difficult was annoying that there is no safe direct site. Non the less it requires 4 downloads to get all the programs to enable correct functionality of all aspects the printer offers. Other than that its a great printer. One thing they dont tell you is that it comes standard with ink. So my extra purchase of ink is just handy but could save some intial expenditure, had it said it came with ink
PHILIP, South Africa. 9 September 2015
Good Print quality but prefer rear feed, A bit slow to get going with all the alignment tests.
Stephanie Robinson, South Africa. 21 December 2015
Works okay but takes forever to start up and print one page. Still also figuring out how to calibrate the colours etc.
Jono, South Africa. 3 December 2015
Broken out the box