Canon Pixma iX6840 A3+ Printer
Canon Pixma iX6840 A3+ Printer
Discovery Miles 32 190
On Credit: R / month
This item is in stock in our JHB warehouse and can be shipped from there. No collection facilities available, sorry!
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free delivery available |
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
Canon PIXMA iX6840 A3 Inkjet Printer
- USB cable not included
- Print Resolution Up to 9600 x 2400 dpi
- Print Technology 5 Individual Inks (PGBK, BK, C, M, Y); Inkjet FINE print head with 1pl (min.) ink droplet size; ChromaLife100+ inks
- Mono Print Speed Approx. 14.5 ipm
- Colour Print Speed Approx. 10.4 ipm
- Photo Print Speed Borderless 10x15cm: Approx. 36 seconds
- A3+ Bordered: Approx. 120 seconds
- Borderless Printing Yes (A3+, A3, A4, LTR, LDR, 25x30cm, 20x25cm, 13x18cm, 10x15cm)
- Two Sided Printing Manual operation
- Standard Ink Cartridges PGI-450PGBK (Pigment Black); CLI-451BK (Black); CLI-451C (Cyan); CLI-451M (Magenta); CLI-451Y (Yellow)
- Optional XL Ink Cartridges PGI-455PGBK XXL (Pigment Black XXL): PGI-450PGBK XL (Pigment Black XL); CLI-451BK XL (Black XL); CLI-451C XL (Cyan XL); CLI-451M XL (Magenta XL); CLI-451Y XL (Yellow XL)
- Yield Pigment Black Standard: 375 document pages or 2,390 photos; Optional XL: 620 document pages or 4,720 photos; Optional XXL: 1,000 document pages or 7,685 photos
- Yield BK (Black) Standard: 1,645 document pages or 384 photos; Optional XL: 5,000 document pages or 845 photos
- Yield C (Cyan) Standard: 337 document pages or 125 photos; Optional XL: 700 document pages or 283 photos
- Yield M (Magenta) Standard: 324 document pages or 138 photos; Optional XL: 670 document pages or 340 photos
- Yield Y (Yellow) Standard: 331 document pages 120 photos; Optional XL: 700 document pages 293 photos
- Yield Composite (CMY average) Standard CMY: 331 document pages or 127 photos; Optional XL CMY: 690 document pages or 303 photos
- Testing standards ISO/IEC 24711 for A4 colour document pages
- ISO/IEC 29102 for 10x15cm colour borderless photos
- Values obtained by continuous printing
- Paper Types: Plain Paper; Envelopes (DL, COM10); Canon Pro Platinum (PT-101); Canon Pro Luster (LU-101); Canon Plus Glossy II (PP-201); Canon Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201); Canon Glossy Everyday Use (GP-501); Canon Matte (MP-101); Canon High Resolution Paper (HR-101N); Canon Photo Stickers (PS-101); Canon T-Shirt Transfer (TR-301)
- Maximum Paper Input Max. 150 sheets of plain paper
- Max. 20 sheets of photo paper
- Paper Sizes A3+, A3, A4, A5, B4, B5, LTR, LGL, LDR, 25x30cm, 20x25cm, 13x18cm, 10x15cm
- Paper Weight Plain paper: 64 - 105 g/m-squared
- Canon photo paper up to 300 g/m-squared (PT-101)
- Interface: Wired Connections Hi-Speed USB; Ethernet: 10/100Mbps (auto switchable); Wireless Connections Wi-Fi IEEE802.11 b/g/n;
- Applications Support PIXMA Printing Solutions app; Apple AirPrint; Google Cloud Print;
- Supported Operating Systems Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista SP1 & SP2 / XP SP3 32-bit; Mac OS X v10.6.8 or later
- Supported Mobile Systems iOS (PIXMA Printing Solutions app, AirPrint); Android (PIXMA Printing Solutions app); Windows RT
- Minimum System Requirements Windows: Internet Explorer 8, internet connection or CD-ROM; Mac: Safari 5 and internet connection
- Display: 1024 x 768 XGA
- Software Included Printer driver; My Image Garden; Quick Menu; Easy-WebPrint EX (plug-in for IE8 or higher)
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 584 x 310 x 159 mm
- Weight 8.1 kg
- Power Source AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption Standby: Approx. 2.0 W (Wi-Fi connection to PC); Off: Approx. 0.3 W; Printing: Approx. 24 W
- Acoustic Noise Levels Approx. 44.0 dB(A)
- Recommended Operating; Environment Temperature: 15-30 Degrees Celsius; - Humidity: 10-80%RH (no dew condensation)
- Duty Cycle up to 12,000 pages / month
- Print Resolution: Ink droplets can be placed with a minimum pitch of 1/9600 inch
- Mono Print Speed: Document print speed on plain paper is measured based on average of ESAT in Office Category Test of ISO/IEC 24734 standard.
- Colour Print Speed: Document print speed on plain paper is measured based on average of ESAT in Office Category Test of ISO/IEC 24734 standard.
- Photo Print Speed: Photo print speed is based on default driver setting using ISO/JIS-SCID N2 standard on Canon Photo Paper Plus Glossy II and does not take into account data processing time on host computer. A3+ Bordered: 11x14" (28x35cm) image on A3+ size paper
- Wireless Connections: Wi-Fi frequency band: 2.4GHz, Wi-Fi Security: WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WEP, Administration password
- Applications Support: PIXMA Printing Solutions is Canon's free application for smartphones and tablets. Not available in certain countries or regions
- Power Consumption: When printing ISO/JIS-SCID N2 pattern on A3 size plain paper using default settings
- Acoustic Noise Levels: When printing ISO/JIS-SCID N2 pattern on 10x15cm Photo Paper Plus Glossy II using default settings
Richard, South Africa. 9 November 2015
Bloody awesome printer!!
(Portions of this review have been copied and pasted from my reviews of the Parrot A3 laminator and HP A3 photo paper as I bought them all at the same time - eBucks rock!)
Like all tech of this sort, you need to mess around with it a bit to get comfortable with it. If you are going to do dumb stuff - well you can expect problems.
Since I have always used Canon desk jet printers- this one is no different from the rest ie the quality is gorgeous everything about it is just like an A4 printer - only its more versatile being able to do the A3. My only negative is that aside from beig BIG - especially when opened up for printing, it is slow - like all deskjets it takes a while to print after the "print" button has been pressed. The wifi probably makes this even slower. However because of the wifi I am able to tuck the printer in the distant corner of the room out of the way on a cupboard that has all my different printing papers in it. On my desk I use my a4 monochrome laser printer for normal stuff.
I have printed A4 photos, documents on A4 80grm paper and A4 160grm paper. Photos on A3 photo paper, documents on A3 80grm and 160grm paper - the latter for school projects, where i have printed directly onto the 160grm paper and the kids have still glued cutouts-outs (from magazines or print outs 80grm from my printer)and these were stuck with a spot of Pritt onto the (160grm)card then the whole lot laminated. Since twice now liquids have been spilt on them (after lamination)in the early morning pre-school rush, this was pretty worthy investment for me just in the sheer pre-empted drama.
I have also made business card examples, printed on 160grm paper, laminated and guillotined to size - they looked remarkably professional and I was able to get my concept across (tip - don't use 80grm paper - its kind of transparent). I have also printed and laminated A3 photos of the family which I have stuck up on my walls (most inkjet printed photos fade if not sealed) and the effect is fabulous! I have printed on envelopes of various sizes including credit card size and they have come out well. All in all this was a good buy for me.
Peet, South Africa. 15 September 2016
I bought the Canon Pixma iX6840 A3 and the printer was easy to setup and configure both with the USB and WiFi options. The print speed is good and print quality is very good even on normal copy paper. We have not yet tried to print photos on special photo paper but having tried the different print quality options there is no doubt that with photo paper the printer will deliver exceptional quality prints. Printer is good looking and it's light weight make for easy cleaning of desk space under and around it. Not able to comment on the number of prints per set of ink cartridges because we have not had to change the first set yet.
Gerhard, South Africa. 15 May 2016
Very good quality. Still waiting for my A3 paper but the quality on a A4 is very vertly good. It is noth that thirsty on colour ink also.
Very easy to setup if you have a printer cable.
Love the product.