Celestron 80 LCM Computerized Telescope
Discovery Miles 75 190
On Credit: R / month
Free delivery available |
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
Includes the following:
Celestron 80 LCM Computerized Telescope, 25mm eyepiece, 9mm eyepiece, computerized altazimuth mount, LCD hand controller, aluminium tripod with accessory tray, StarPointer finderscope and The Sky X student editions astronomy software.
- 3.15" / 80mm Refractor
- Focal Length: 900mm f/11.25
- 9.0mm Eyepiece
- 25mm Eyepiece
- Erect Image Star Diagonal
- Aluminum Tripod with Accessory Tray
- Computerized Altazimuth Mount
- StarPointer Finderscope
- The Sky X Astronomy Software CD-ROM
- NexStar Computer Control technology
Aperture (mm):80 mm (3.15 in)
Focal Length:900 mm (35 in)
Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm):25 mm (0.98 in)
Magnification of Eyepiece 1:36 x
Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm):9 mm (0.35 in)
Magnification of Eyepiece 2:100 x
Star Diagonal:1.25 Erect Image
Mount Type:Motorized Altazimuth
Accessory Tray:No Tool, Quick release
Highest Useful Magnification:189 x
Lowest Useful Magnification:11 x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude:12
Resolution (Rayleigh):1.74 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes):1.45 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye):131 x
Apparent Field of View:1.6 °
Linear Field of View (@1000 yds):84 ft (26 m)
Slew Speeds:Nine slew speeds: 3°/sec, 2°/sec, 1°/sec, .64x, 32x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 2x
Tracking Rates:Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
Tracking Modes:Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South
Alignment Procedures:SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align
Computer Hand Control:Fully Computerized / Flash Upgradeable
Database:4,000 Object Database
Dedicated to unfolding the wonders of the Universe, the 80LCM Computerized Telescope from Celestron features an excellent combination of power and portability. With its computer-automated technology, the LCM is up and running after locating 3 bright celestial objects.
The 80LCM is a high-quality refractor with an 80mm aperture and a focal length of 900mm. The optical system is fully coated for enhanced sharpness and clarity. Two eyepieces are included - one 25mm as well as a 9.0mm. The mounting platform incorporates a sturdy aluminum tripod with a motorized and computerized altazimuth mount.
New observers will make great use of the LCM's built-in Sky Tour feature - simply pressing a button on the LCM computerized hand-controller activates the system to locate and slew to the sky's most interesting objects. Experienced observers will appreciate the comprehensive database of 4000+ objects, along with the customized lists of the most intriguing deep-sky objects, planets, and double stars.
The LCM combines a powerhouse feature-set with Celestron's legendary optical standards to provide amateur astronomers with a sophisticated and easy-to-use telescope. The computerized hand-control provides simple on-screen instructions that guide the observer through the alignment procedures. Each step, helpful hints, and valuable reference materials are easily accessible to ensure a simple and pleasurable viewing experience.
- 80LCM Telescope
- High-quality refractor
- Aperture: 80 mm/3.15"
- Focal Length: 900 mm, f/11.25
- Optical system: all-glass, fully-coated
- 2 Eyepieces: 25 mm - 36x, 9.0 mm - 100x
- StarPointer finderscope for accurate alignment and object location
- Erect image diagonal: accepts 1.25" eyepieces, excellent for terrestrial and astronomical viewing
- Tripod with Motorized Altazimuth Mount
- Fully adjustable sturdy aluminum tripod
- Lightweight computerized altazimuth mount
- Flash upgradeable fully computerized hand control
- Hand control and motors are powered by 8 user-supplied AA batteries or optional 12V AC adapter
- Quick-release base, OTA, accessory tray with rapid no-tool set up
- Educational astronomy software CD-ROM "The Sky X" offers sky info and printable sky maps
- Computerized LCM hand-controller with NexStar computer control offers 4,000 object database and storage for programmable user defined objects
- Tracking rates: sidereal, solar, lunar. Tracking modes: alt-az, EQ north/south. Slew speeds: 1,2,3°/sec - 64x, 32x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 2x. Alignment procedures: skyalign, auto 2-star, 1-star, 2-star, solar system.
No reviews yet.