Char-Broil - 2 Burner Tru-Infrared Grill Braai 340IN2 - Stainless Steel
Two Stainless Steel Burners Yield 20,000BTU
Discovery Miles 59 990
On Credit: R / month
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
TRU-Infrared Gas Grill offers a wide temperature range so that you can perform intense searing at the cooking surface as well as slow-and-low braai and rotisserie cooking
- Promise much juicier food
- Eliminate hot & cold spots
- Prevent less flare ups
- Use less gas
- Cook food faster
- Offer a wide temperature range
- TRU Infrared cooking system delivers juicy results every time
- 340 square inches of primary cooking on stainless steel grates plus 125 square inches of secondary cooking on porcelain-coated swingaway
- Painted metal side shelves fold down for easy storage of the grill
- Stainless steel lid, handle, control panel, fascias and door add style to this model
- SureFire Electronic ignition for a reliable spark at every burner
- Two grate-level temperature gauges help you control the heat
- Four casters (2 locking) offer easy mobility in any direction
- DualFuel easily converts from liquid propane to natural gas
- Product Weight: 42Kg
- Colour: Silver
- Dimensions: 117x55x116cm
- Two stainless steel burners yield 20,000 BTUs
- South Africa
- Char-Broil - 2 Burner Tru-Infrared Grill Braai 340IN2 - Stainless Steel
Johnathan, South Africa. 8 July 2015
Overall I am happy.
I am really impressed with the cooking portion of this grill, it's great and love how effectively and quickly it grills/cooks any type of meats or veggies.
I love the look, it is aesthetically pleasing and takes up little space when stored with it's sides down. It's therefore very practical for small spaces.
I also like that they have incorporated two separate thermostats for each burner individually. The 'warmer' rack above the main grill is also large enough, and high enough so that it doesn't get in your way of the food on the main grill.
It can reach 400 degrees Celsius in under 10 minutes. I grilled chicken breasts on it, thick sliced, which would usually take about 45 minutes in the oven, and only took 25 minutes on the grill. Plus the chicken is much juicier, so this is a biiiig difference.
What disappointed me is the bad built-quality on the actual machined areas of the grill as a whole and what a pain it was to assemble. When I talk about machined parts, I mean the holes for example where screws need to be screwed in, and the alignment of panels not lining up as one would entirely wish for it to do so, and so on. Especially considering you are paying above average for this product. It's as if all screw holes are 'self-tapered' without any solid thread so you could either end up stripping a thread on the panel or the screw, or even the screw-head. Luckily I didn't, I know my way around - and it took time and patience. But to the 'average Joe', or even a house-wife, this would be a very challenging task and chances on error is high.
Second disappointment is the space for the gas bottle, the height allocated within the bottom cabinet specifically. Some 9KG gas bottles don't fit!! So be careful. I now took the plunge and put down a deposit and got 9KG of gas from a supplier and the bottle is too tall to fit inside the cabinet, by about 50mm. Because I had already broken the seal on the gas bottle, I am now stuck with it outside the cabinet until it's used up. Then I would need to look at purchasing a 9KG Cadac (or Alva) bottle which is around 470mm in height - which should fit. This just creates extra overhead on the refilling side of things in that it will now be my responsibility for the servicing thereof.
Grant Cooks, South Africa. 4 July 2015
Brilliant product. Very well made and engineered. Does what it promises. No flare ups due to fat deposit and a very even hear across the entire grill surface. I'm very impressed.