Climbing - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 980
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Hard Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- Felix Pappalardi
Mountain: Leslie West (vocals, guitar); Felix Pappalardi (guitar, piano, bass, background vocals); Steve Knight (piano, organ, Mellotron, bells); Corky Laing (drums, percussion).
Principally recorded at The Record Plant, New York, New York in 1970. Originally released on Windfall (4501). Includes liner notes by Leslie West, Corky Laing.
When 1970 began, New York hard rockers Mountain were one of the most promising new bands. By the year's end, due to their exceptional sophomore effort, CLIMBING, they were one of the US's premier rock outfits. After a 1969 debut (while the album was titled MOUNTAIN, it was credited solely to Leslie West) led to a highly coveted spot in the original Woodstock festival, the band was thrust into the spotlight, and it delivered on its follow-up recording.
In addition to West on guitar and vocals, and bassist Felix Pappalardi (a former producer for Cream), new drummer Corky Laing was enlisted, creating one of the most powerful hard rock rhythm sections of the early-'70s. CLIMBING remains Mountain's crowning achievement, chock full of classic rock nuggets--"Mississippi Queen," "Theme for an Imaginary Western," "Never in My Life," "For Yasgur's Farm," and "Boys in the Band."
- Country of Origin
- Sony Music Distribution (
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Mississippi Queen
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Theme For an Imaginary Western
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Never in My Life
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Silver Paper
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] For Yasgur's Farm
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] To My Friend
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Laird, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Sittin' on a Rainbow
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Boys in the Band
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] For Yasgur's Farm - (previously unreleased, live)
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Bob d'Orleans
No reviews yet.