Colour by Numbers - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 650
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- New Wave
- Mono / Stereo
- Steve Levine
- Colour by Numbers [Bonus Tracks] [Remaster]
Culture Club: Boy George (vocals); Roy Hay (guitar, keyboards); Mikey Craig (bass); Jon Moss (drums, percussion).
Additional personnel: Helen Terry (vocals); Pat Seymour (flute); Steve Grainger (saxophone); Terry Bailey (trumpet); Julian Lindsay (acoustic piano); Phil Pickett (keyboards); Graham Bond (percussion); Jermaine Stewart (background vocals).
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Helen Terry, Boy George (vocals); Roy Hay (guitar, sitar, keyboards); Ron Hay (guitar, keyboards); Patrick Seymour, Pat Seymour (flute); Judd Lander (harmonica); Steve Grainger (saxophone); Terry Bailey (trumpet); Kenneth McGregor (trombone); Julian Lindsay (piano); Phil Pickett (keyboards); John Moss, Jon Moss (drums, percussion); Graham Broad (percussion); Jermaine Stewart (background vocals).
Recording information: CBS Studios; Red Bus Studios.
Photographer: Jamie J. Morgan.
Despite naysayers who assumed Culture Club were a nine-day wonder, their second album, 1983's COLOUR BY NUMBERS, not only outsold their debut in both Britain and the US, it's a far better album. KISSING TO BE CLEVER was a canny blend of pop and soul, but its occasional cryptic archness kept it at something of an emotional distance. From the gospelly piano ballad opener "That's the Way"--which like several tracks here features sterling backing vocals from Helen Terry--to the moving and dramatic "Victims," that's not a problem here. Even the enormous hits "Karma Chameleon" and "Church of the Poison Mind"--possibly Culture Club's best-ever single--have a soulful ease and swing missing from the debut, although they perhaps lack the emotional heft of the abovementioned songs.
As with KISSING TO BE CLEVER, American fans should know that this CD features the original British mix and track sequence.
- Country of Origin
- EMI Music Distribution
- Culture Club
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Karma Chameleon
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] It's a Miracle
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Black Money
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Changing Every Day
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] That's the Way (I'm Only Trying to Help You)
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Church of the Poison Mind
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Miss Me Blind
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Mister Man
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Stormkeeper
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Victims
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Man Shake
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Mystery Boy (Suntori Hot Whisky Song)
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Melting Pot - (bonus track)
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Colour by Numbers
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Romance Revisited
- Studio / Live
- Rolling Stone (11/89) - #96 in Rolling Stone's "100 best albums of the 80s" survey.
- Video Disabled
- Gordon Milne; Simon Humphrey
No reviews yet.