Complete Clapton - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 3 390
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Hard Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- Delaney Bramlett; Eric Clapton; Felix Pappalardi; Dominos; Glyn Johns; J.J. Cale; Jimmy Miller; Lenny Waronker; Albhy Galuten; Phil Collins; Rob Fraboni; Robert Stigwood; Russ Titelman; Simon Climie; Ted Templeman; Babyface; Tom Dowd; Carl Radle
- Complete Clapton
Personnel: Eric Clapton (vocals, guitar, electric guitar, slide guitar, dobro, background vocals); Delaney Bramlett, George Terry, Stephen Stills, B.B. King (vocals, guitar); Albert Lee (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, keyboards); Gary Brooker (vocals, keyboards); Jerry Allison, Marcy Levy, Rita Coolidge, Sonny Curtis, Yvonne Elliman, Tom Bernfield, Bonnie Bramlett (vocals); Jerry Williams (guitar, background vocals); Doyle Bramhall II, Andy Fairweather Low, Phil Palmer (guitar); Ry Cooder (electric guitar, slide guitar); Gayle Levant (celtic harp); Jerry Portnoy (harmonica); Michael Brecker (saxophone); Tim Sanders (tenor saxophone); Simon Clarke (baritone saxophone); Jon Faddis, Randy Brecker, Roddy Lorimer (trumpet); David W. Bargeron (trombone); Joe Sample (piano, Wurlitzer organ); Chris Stainton (piano, keyboards, synthesizer); Greg Phillinganes (piano, keyboards, background vocals); Albhy Galuten (piano, ARP synthesizer); Leon Russell, Billy Preston (piano); Dick Sims (organ, keyboards); Bobby Whitlock (organ); Chuck Leavell, Alan Clark, Simon Climie (keyboards); Jeff Bova, Michael Omartian, Peter Manning Robinson, Randy Kerber, Richard Cottle (synthesizer); Nathan East (bass guitar, background vocals); Dave Bronze, Donald "Duck" Dunn (bass guitar); Phil Collins (drums, snare drum, percussion, background vocals); Jim W. Gordon, Jamie Oldaker, Jeff Porcaro, Jim Keltner, Roger Hawkins, Steve Gadd , Henry Spinetti, Steve Ferrone (drums); Lenny Castro (congas, percussion); Carol Steele (congas); Jimmy Bralower (drum machine, drum programming); Ted Templeman (timbales); Ray Cooper (percussion); Paul Waller (drum programming); Chuck Kirkpatrick, Chyna, John Sambataro, Susannah Melvoin, Katie Kissoon, Shaun Murphy, Tessa Niles, Wendy Melvoin, Chaka Khan (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Ed Cherney; Gary Wright; J.J. Cale; Jimmy Miller ; Alan Douglas; Alex Haas; Mark Linett; Mick Guzauski; Nick Launay; Andy Johns; Phil Collins; Rob Eaton; Russ Titelman; Steve Boyer.
Audio Remixer: Adrian Barber.
Liner Note Author: Nigel Williamson.
Recording information: Winterland, San Francisco, CA.
Photographers: Gered Mankowitz; Carl Studna; David Gahr; Michael Putland; Terry O'Neill ; Kevin Mazur; Barry Feinstein; Jack English; Barrie Wentzell; Norman Watson.
Arrangers: Chris Blackwell; Eric Clapton; Dominos; Robert Stigwood.
Released in conjunction with Eric Clapton's autobiography, COMPLETE CLAPTON provides the soundtrack to the original guitar hero's decades-spanning journey. Over the course of two discs, this collection tracks Clapton's progress from the ground-breaking psychedelic blues-rock of Cream and the short-lived supergroup Blind Faith, through his Duane Allman collaboration, Derek & the Dominos, and on to his prolific solo career.
Clapton is personally responsible for a huge chunk of the classic-rock canon, and it's all included here. The primal crunch of Cream's "Sunshine of Your Love," the bluesy riffarama that is Derek & the Dominos' evergreen "Layla," the country-tinged twangfest "Lay Down Sally"--you name it, COMPLETE CLAPTON has it. This set doesn't stint on later material, either, like Clapton's Robert Johnson tribute and a duet with J.J. Cale. With the possible exception of his very early work with John Mayall, there's nary a career highlight missed on this comprehensive anthology.
- Country of Origin
- Warner Bros.
- Studio / Live
- Eric Clapton
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] I Feel Free
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Sunshine of Your Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] White Room
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Crossroads - (live)
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Badge
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Presence of the Lord
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] After Midnight
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Let It Rain
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Bell Bottom Blues
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Layla
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Let It Grow
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] I Shot the Sheriff
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Knockin' on Heaven's Door
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Hello Old Friend
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Cocaine
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Lay Down Sally
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Wonderful Tonight
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] Promises
- [ Disc 01 Track 19 ] I Can't Stand It
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] I've Got a Rock 'N' Roll Heart
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] She's Waiting
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] Forever Man
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] It's in the Way That You Use It
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] Miss You
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] Pretending
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] Bad Love
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] Tears in Heaven
- [ Disc 02 Track 09 ] Layla
- [ Disc 02 Track 10 ] Running on Faith
- [ Disc 02 Track 11 ] Motherless Child
- [ Disc 02 Track 12 ] Change the World
- [ Disc 02 Track 13 ] My Father's Eyes
- [ Disc 02 Track 14 ] Riding with the King
- [ Disc 02 Track 15 ] Sweet Home Chicago
- [ Disc 02 Track 16 ] If I Had Possession Over Judgement Day
- [ Disc 02 Track 17 ] Ride the River
- WEA (Distributor)
- Uncut (p.89) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "[He's] come up with some gems and they're all here....His ability to pick just the right cover is also well represented and there's a good smattering of potent blues covers, too."
- 155m 42s
- Video Disabled
- Jeff Demorris; Damon Lyon-Shaw; Dave O'Donnell; John Jacobs; Dave Wittman; Ed Cherney; Steve "Barney" Cahse; Paul Gommersall; Stephen Chase; John Timperly; Jack Joseph Puig; Magic Moreno; Peter Hefter; Jimbo Barton; Adrian Barber; Alan Douglas; Lee Herschberg; Michael Carnevale; Nick Launay; Andy Johns; Tom Dowd; Bill Halverson; Brad Gilderman
No reviews yet.