Complete Greatest Hits - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 2 590
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Folk Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- America - The Complete Greatest Hits
America: Gerry Beckley, Dan Peek (vocals, guitar, harmonica, keyboards, bass); Dewey Bunnell (vocals, guitar).
Additional personnel includes: Larry Klimas (saxophone); Jeffery Foskett (background vocals).
Producers includes: Ian Samwell, America, George Martin, Russ Ballard, Bobby Colomby.
Compilation producers: America, David McLees.
Principally recorded between 1972 and 1983. Includes liner notes by Barry Alfonso.
Digitally remastered by Dan Hersch and Bill Inglot (DigiPrep).
Personnel: Dan Peek, Gerry Beckley (vocals, guitar, harmonica, keyboards, background vocals); Dewey Bunnell (vocals, guitar, background vocals); Jeffrey Foskett (vocals); Larry Klimas (saxophone).
Audio Remasterers: Dan Hersch; Bill Inglot.
Liner Note Author: Barry Alfonso.
Recording information: Human Nature Studios, Sherman Oaks, CA.
Photographers: Greg Allen; Henry Diltz; Hugh Brown .
America defined the soft-rock sound of the '70s. They wanted to be Crosby, Stills and Nash so badly that they figured out a way to not only pull it off, but beat CSN at their own game, logging even more hit singles than their chief inspiration. THE COMPLETE GREATEST HITS, true to its title, contains all those chart-toppers, as well as some songs that may be unfamiliar to the casual listener (if you weren't paying attention at the time, it's doubtful you'd recall the band's early-'80s comeback hit "You Can do Magic," for example).
While nobody's making a case for these easygoing popsters as bold innovators, even a cursory listen to this studiously compiled collection reveals a level of unassailable popcraft that places them on a par with posthumously lauded bands like Bread and the Carpenters. It's not for nothing that Beatles mentor George Martin took the boys' production reigns for a while. Though things get dicey towards the end of this chronologically arranged package, the bulk of America's '70s material is as good as commercial folk-pop gets.
- Country of Origin
- Studio / Live
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Horse With No Name, A
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Sandman
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] I Need You
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Everyone I Meet Is from California
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Ventura Highway
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Don't Cross the River
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Only in Your Heart
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Muskrat Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Another Try
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Tin Man
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Lonely People
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Sister Golden Hair
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Daisy Jane
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Woman Tonight
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Today's the Day
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Amber Cascades
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] California Dreamin'
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] You Can Do Magic
- [ Disc 01 Track 19 ] Right Before Your Eyes
- [ Disc 01 Track 20 ] Border, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 21 ] World of Light - (new recording)
- [ Disc 01 Track 22 ] Paradise - (new recording)
- WEA (Distributor)
- Video Disabled
- Gerry Beckley
No reviews yet.