Complete Hit Singles - (Import CD)
Three Dog Night
Discovery Miles 1 690
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Mono / Stereo
- Gabriel Mekler; Jimmy Ienner; Richard Polodor; Richard Polodor; Gabriel Mekler; Jimmy Ienner; Mike Ragogna (Compilation)
- The Complete Hit Singles
Three Dog Night: Michael Allsup (guitar); Joe Schermie, Jack Ryland (bass instrument); Chuck Negron, Danny Hutton, Jimmy Greenspoon, Skip Konte, Floyd Sneed, Cory Wells.
Personnel: Chuck Negron, Danny Hutton, Cory Wells (vocals); Mike Allsup (guitar); Patrick Sullivan (cello); Walter Parazaider (saxophone); Lee Loughnane (trumpet); James Pankow (trombone); Ron Stockert (Fender Rhodes piano); Gordon de Witty (organ); Jimmy Greenspoon, Skip Konte (keyboards); Floyd Sneed (drums, percussion); Mickey McMeel (percussion).
Additional personnel: James Pankow (trumpet); Walter Parazaider.
Photographer: Ed Caraeff.
One of the most commercially successful bands of its era, Three Dog Night had a remarkable run of more than 20 chart singles between 1969 and 1975, racking up nearly a dozen top-10 hits and, consequently, 12 consecutive gold albums. THE COMPLETE HIT SINGLES brings these 21 cuts together in a single-disc package. The band's soulful pop-rock, driven by the revolving, triple lead vocals of Danny Hutton, Chuck Negron, and Cory Wells, and sweetened by atmospheric keys, rock guitar, and tasteful strings, attest to their widespread appeal and sustained popularity.
Though the band focused on interpreting material by other songwriters, their taste was impeccable. Those with even a passing familiarity with the pop music of the time will recognize the Dog's cover of Harry Nilsson's "One," Paul William's "An Old Fashioned Love Song," and Randy Newman's "Mama Told Me (Not to Come)." Two Hoyt Axton songs, "Never Been to Spain" and "Joy to the World," provided the band with two of their biggest hits, with the latter dominating the top slot for six straight weeks. The Arkin/Robinson-penned song "Black and White" (another #1 smash) is also included. In all, the track list amounts to a definitive collection of the band's best moments.
- Country of Origin
- Universal Distribution
- Three Dog Night
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] One
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Try a Little Tenderness
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Easy to Be Hard
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Eli's Coming
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Celebrate
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Mama Told Me (Not to Come)
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Out in the Country
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] One Man Band
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Joy to the World
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Liar
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Old Fashioned Love Song, An
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Never Been to Spain
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Family of Man, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Black and White
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Pieces of April
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Shambala
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Let Me Serenade You
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] Show Must Go On, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 19 ] Sure as I'm Sittin' Here
- [ Disc 01 Track 20 ] Play Something Sweet (Brickyard Blues)
- [ Disc 01 Track 21 ] Til the World Ends
- Studio / Live
- Bill Cooper; Richard Polodor; Bill Cooper; Richard Polodor
No reviews yet.