Conway Twitty - Millennium Collection - Best Of Conway Twitty (CD)
Discovery Miles 990
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Nashville Sound
- Number of Discs
- Number of Items
- 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Conway Twitty
- Country of Origin
- Universal Distribution
- Mono / Stereo
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] It's Only Make Believe
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Hello Darlin'
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] After the Fire Is Gone
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] I Can't Stop Loving You
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] You've Never Been This Far Before
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] There's a Honky Tonk Angel (Who'll Take Me Back in)
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Linda on My Mind
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Touch the Hand
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] After All the Good Is Gone
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Tight Fittin' Jeans
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Rest Your Love on Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Crazy in Love
- South Africa
Personnel includes: Conway Twitty, Loretta Lynn.
Producers include: Owen Bradley, Jim Vienneau, Jimmy Bowen, Ron Chancey, Dee Henry.
Includes liner notes by Colin Escott.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Initially heavily influenced by the rock & roll of Elvis Presley, Conway Twitty truly came into his own as a country singer in the 1970s and '80s. Twitty's greatest contribution to country music was his ballad singing. Don Gibson's "I Can't Stop Loving You" is a great example of Twitty's gift for slow songs. On this selection, Twitty's hearty baritone is both passionate and fragile. Additionally, the crying pedal-steel accompaniment adds intensity to the painful story being told, and the background vocals bring profound climax to the tune's hook.
Twitty's best recorded moments are probably with Loretta Lynn, with whom he collaborated often. On this BEST OF collection, their hit "After the Fire Is Gone" shows the terrific rapport between these two vocalists. A song about an extramarital affair and life's tender goodbyes, "After the Fire Is Gone" is, at heart, a time-honored "drinking and cheating" tune, and it fits nicely along side the like-minded repertoire of George Jones, Ray Price, and others. If you're new to Twitty's music, this compilation is a great place to start.
- Date Released
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Conway Twitty
- 36m 16s
No reviews yet.