Cursed Mountain (Wii)
List Price R 125
Discovery Miles 900
Supplier out of stock
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
THIS TITLE MAY REQUIRE ACCESS TO A BROADBAND INTERNET CONNECTION.
Cursed Mountain - a survival/horror game designed specifically for Wii. Standing in Lhando, the eerily deserted village at the base of the Sacred Mountain of the Himalayas, Chomolonzo, an icy chill hits your veins. The summit looming in the distance holds the answers to your brother's disappearance, and you plan to bring him back, dead or alive. Cursed Mountain is a survival/horror game designed specifically for Wii. Players will take on the role of Eric Simmons as he tracks down his brother, who went missing on a trek into the Himalayas to find an ancient Buddhist artefact. A sensible man, when Eric first encounters the angry spirits of the dead, he dismisses them as hallucinations caused by altitude sickness. But as he ascends the mountain, it becomes clear that something is very wrong. A curse has been placed on the mountain; the dead spirits of the local monks and villagers are trapped in the realm of the afterlife or bardo, unable to reach Nirvana or start a new life cycle. Stuck in limbo, the restless spirits are very angry.
- Revolutionary: One of the first survival/horror games designed specifically for Wii, Cursed Mountain creates a terrifying setting in a stylized, atmospheric manner.
- Original Setting: With advanced graphics, Cursed Mountain places the player in a realistic Himalayan environment. Players will immerse themselves in the local Buddhist traditions and rituals. Everything in the game is based on real world facts and research, except of course for the outbreak of restless souls.
- Vertical Level Design: As players ascend the mountain, they will clearly see the summit in the distance, a looming reminder of their final destination, and they can also look behind to see how far they've come.
- Innovative Wii Controls: Designed to mimic the physical aspects of sacred prayer rituals, mantras, and gestures of Buddhism, combat is comprised of gestures that release the spirits from the curse. In addition, Cursed Mountain takes full advantage of Wii functionality, supporting the Wii Remote speaker, rumble and motion-sensitivity in a variety of triggered action events that mimic natural movements, such as climbing, running and balancing.
- Compelling Storyline: Players investigate the disappearance of their brother who vanished while searching for an ancient relic in the Himalayas. Players climb to the top of Chomolonzo to discover the fate of their brother as well as to stop the curse that's interrupting Samsara, the Buddhist concept of reincarnation.
- Environmental Hazards: As players climb higher, the mountain itself becomes an enemy. Prone to the travails of altitude sickness and oxygen deprivation, players may not be able to tell the difference between real enemies and hallucinated ones.
No reviews yet.