Damn Right Rebel Proud - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 790
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Alt Country
- Mono / Stereo
- Damn Right, Rebel Proud [PA] [Digipak]
Personnel: Hank Williams III (vocals, guitar, guitars, acoustic guitar, drums); Bob Wayne (vocals, guitar, guitars, bass instrument); Randy Kohrs (acoustic guitar, dobro); Marty Stuart (electric guitar, mandolin); Johnny Hiland (electric guitar); Andy Gibson (steel guitar, dobro); Charlie Cushman (banjo); Adam McOwen (fiddle, accordion); Gary Sommers, Chris Carmichael, Donnie Herron (fiddle); Joe Buck (upright bass); Shaun McWilliams (drums); Walker.
Illustrator: Keith Neltner.
Photographer: Jennifer Tzar.
Country scion Hank Williams III has been involved with projects that reflected his love of punk and heavy metal, such as Superjoint Ritual (with Pantera's Phil Anselmo) and his hillbilly act, Assjack, but on DAMN RIGHT REBEL PROUD Hank keeps it pure country. By country, we're still talking about the rough-edged, true-blue style of Waylon Jennings, David Allan Coe, and Johnny Paycheck. Williams has too much of his grandfather in him to make a crossover arena-country record. Right at the start, he hits Nashville hard with the raucous opener, "The Grand Ole Opry (Ain't So Grand)." Elsewhere, old-fashioned songs of hard living and late night introspection like "Stoned and Alone" and "3 Shades of Black" tell harrowing tales that are as punk rock as anything Black Flag ever did, only with a lean honky-tonk accompaniment instead of mountains of volume.
- Country of Origin
- WEA (Distributor)
- Hank Williams III
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Grand Ole Opry, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Wild & Free
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Me & My Friends
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Six Pack of Beer
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] I Wish I Knew
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] If You Can't Help Your Own
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Candidate for Suicide
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] H8 Line
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Long Hauls and Close Calls
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Stoned & Alone
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] P.F.F.
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] 3 Shades of Black
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Workin' Man
- Studio / Live
Rolling Stone (p.127) - 3.5 stars out of 5 -- "Hank III keeps things engaging, thanks to a country-punk sound with a strange bent: He balances catchy, classic melodies...with weirder, more-rousing stuff..."
Mojo (Publisher) (p.108) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "Like a punk Springsteen, his songs are for and about the 'busted up, beaten down, anti-social, depressed and cursed'..."
- Video Disabled
- Hank Williams III; Jim Lightman; Hank Williams III; Jim Lightman
No reviews yet.