Dirty Dancing:Havana Nights (OST) - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 650
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Mono / Stereo
- Damon Thomas; Harvey Mason, Jr.; Jazze Pha; Jerry Duplessis; Lester Mendez; Manny Benito; Andres Levin; Angel "Cucco" Pena; Rudy Perez; Wyclef Jean; Clive Davis (Compilation)
- Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights
Performers include: Mya, Black Eye Peas, Wyclef, Santana, Jazze Pha & Monica, Heather Headley, Shawn Kane.
Personnel: Rashawn Ross (vocals, trumpet); Andres Levin (vocals, keyboards, programming); Pedro Martinez (vocals, congas, bongos, percussion); H‚ctor Buitrago (vocals, programming); Cucu Diamantes, Hiram Riven Medina, Don Divino, Andrea Echeverri, Xiomara Laugart, Heather Headley (vocals); Vinicius Cantu ria (guitar, pandeiro, surdo, tambourine); Dan Warner, George Pajon, Alejandro G¢mez C ceras, Michael Hart Thompson , Marc Ribot, Carlos Santana (guitar); Ahmed Barroso (acoustic guitar, background vocals); Pablo DeLa Loza (acoustic guitar); Carlos Franco (requinto); Ocavio Kotan (tres); Alfredo de la F‚ (violin); Dave Valentin (flute); Ed Calle, Ron Blake (tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone); Jason Carder, Jim Hacker (trumpet); John Kricker (trombone); Jesus Jorge (horns); Greg Phillinganes (piano); Lester Mendez, Ron Harris, Rudy P‚rez (keyboards, programming); Skoota (drums, surdo); Lee Levin , Teddy Campbell (drums); Horacio "El Negro" Hern ndez (timbales); Agustin Pantoja, Karl Perazzo, Richard Bravo (percussion); Rob Herrera, Havana Hustlers, Tony Maserati (programming); DJ Broccolli (turntables); LaTavia Parker, Jenilee Reyes, Descemer Bueno (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Manny Marroquin; Bob "Bassy" Bob Brackmann; Joe Caldas; Andy Grassi; Serban Ghenea; Tim Latham; Tony Maserati.
Recording information: A.I.R. Studios, London, England; Cocoa-Butt, Culver City, CA; Cubejam, Miami, FL; Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, CA; Fun Machine Studios; North Bay Recording Studios, Miami, FL; Platinum Sound Recording Studios, New York, NY; Royaltone Studios, North Hollywood, CA; Sho'nuff Studios, Atlanta, GA; Sony Music Studios, New York, NY; the Record Plant, Hollywood, CA.
Editor: Dabling Harward.
Arrangers: Lester Mendez; Angel "Cucco" Pe¤a; Ron Harris; Rudy P‚rez.
Not quite a sequel to the original DIRTY DANCING film, DIRTY DANCING: HAVANA NIGHTS is a retelling of the same basic story, but this time set in 1958 Cuba, just before the revolution. You might expect the soundtrack to be full of period music, perhaps as realized by the likes of Ibrahim Ferrer and his cohorts, but instead it's full of modern pop/R&B/hip-hop tracks, mostly sporting a Hispanic flavor. Latin-popsters Yerba Buena and hip-hop group Orishas are pretty much the only representatives of Cuba, most of the disc being occupied by US artists. The Black Eyed Peas deliver a rap-laden title track, while Christina Aguilera touches on her Hispanic heritage to deliver the Spanish-language ballad "El Beso Del Final." Rounding out the collection, Shawn Kane contributes a modernized version of the Sam Cooke classic "You Send Me," providing a link from the 2004 DIRTY DANCING to the vintage-R&B feel of the original movie.
- Country of Origin
- J Records
- BMG (distributor)
- Original Soundtrack
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Dance Like This
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Dirty Dancing
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Guajira (I Love U 2 Much)
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Can I Walk By
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Satellite - (from "Havana Nights")
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Beso del Final, El
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Represent, Cuba
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Do You Only Wanna Dance
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] You Send Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Estuche, El
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Do You Only Wanna Dance
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Satellite (Nave Espacial) - (Spanish Version, from "Havana Nights")
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Carlos Paucar; Dabling Harward; John Pirretti; Glen Marchese; Bob "Bassy" Bob Brackmann; David Robbins; Sola; Chip Karpells; Arnold Wolfe; Joe Caldas; Jim Gaines; Kenji Shimoda; Lester Mendez; Michael C. Ross; Andres Levin; Ron Taylor; Jake Davies
No reviews yet.