Don't Cry Now - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 960
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Country Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- J. D. Souther; John Boylan; Peter Asher
- Don't Cry Now
Personnel includes: Linda Ronstadt (vocals, tambourine); J.D. Souther, Herb Pedersen (acoustic guitar); Jerry McGee, Larry Carlton, Glenn Frey (electric guitar); Sneaky Pete, Ed Black, Buddy Emmons (steel guitar); Nino Tempo (saxophone); Mac Johnson (trumpet); Gail Martin (trombone); Spooner Oldham (piano); Lee Sklar (bass); Russ Kunkel, Dennis St. John (drums); Clydie King (background vocals).
Audio Remixers: J.D. Souther; Al Schmitt.
This major 1973 release finds Ronstadt still solidifying her position as rock's premier interpretive singer. The country rock of the Eagles and producer/writer John David Souther remains the idiom, but Ronstadt has the voice, style and background to deliver this commercialized roots music with little loss of authenticity. Unlike Bonnie Raitt or Janis, she is relatively free of blues or R&B influence. In another singer this might seem a liability, but it allows Rondstadt unusually direct access to the emotional wellsprings of the country and folk which defined post-sixties rock music. Whether on the Eagles' own "Desperado," the country warhorse "Silver Threads And Golden Needles" or Neil Young's "I Believe In You," Rondstadt's powerful contralto emerges as a representative voice of a musical generation just coming of age.
- Studio / Live
- Rhino Flashback
- Linda Ronstadt
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] I Can Almost See It
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Love Has No Pride
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Silver Threads and Golden Needles
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Desperado
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Don't Cry Now
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Sail Away
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Colorado
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Fast One, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Everybody Loves a Winner
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] I Believe In You
- WEA (Distributor)
- 35m 26s
- Video Disabled
- Ric Tarrantini; John Haeny; Peter Granet
No reviews yet.