Donovan - Greatest Hits (CD)
Discovery Miles 1 190
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- British Invasion
- Number of Items
- Donovan's Greatest Hits
- Country of Origin
- USA / Canada
- Mono / Stereo
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Epistle To Dippy
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Sunshine Superman
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] There Is A Mountain
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Jennifer Juniper
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Wear Your Love Like Heaven
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Season Of A Witch
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Mellow Yellow
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Colours
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Hurdy Gurdy Man
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Catch The Wind
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Lalena
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Mellow Yellow
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Colours
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Hurdy Gurdy Man
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Catch the Wind
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Lalena
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Epistle to Dippy
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Sunshine Superman
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] There Is a Mountain
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Jennifer Juniper
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Wear Your Love Like Heaven
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Season of the Witch
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Atlantis - (bonus track)
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] To Susan on the West Coast Waiting - (bonus track)
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Barabajagal - (bonus track)
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Riki Tiki Tavi - (bonus track)
- Release Date
- 27 October 1992
- 50m 14s
This 1999 reissue contains four bonus tracks not on the original release.
Personnel includes: Donovan Leitch; Jimmy Page (guitar); Harold McNair (flute, saxophone); Danny Thompson (acoustic bass); John Bonham (drums).
Producers include: Terry Kennedy, Mickie Most.
Includes liner notes by Donovan Leitch.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Donovan (vocals, whistling, acoustic guitar, banjo, harp, tamboura); Mike Thomson (vocals, guitar); Eric Leese, Eric Ford, Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, Allan Holdsworth (electric guitar); Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, London Philharmonic Orchestra (strings); Harold McNair (flute); Danny Moss (horns); Gabriel Mekler, John Cameron, Nicky Hopkins, Mike O'Neil (keyboards); Mike Carr (vibraphone); Cliff Barton (electric bass); Tony Carr (drums, percussion); Keith Webb, Bobby Orr, Clem Clatini, James Gordon, John Bonham, Tony Newman (drums); Lesley Duncan, Madeline Bell, Suzi Quatro (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Donovan.
Recording information: 1964-1970.
An expanded reissue of a 1969 best-of compilation, GREATEST HITS is still the best single-disc distillation of the magic that was Donovan. (1992's double-disc TROUBADOUR, however, is great for bigger fans or rarities buffs.) One of the classic love-him-or-hate-him artists of the '60s, Donovan Leitch's mixture of folky sincerity ("Colours"), hippie-dippie humanism ("Atlantis," "Epistle To Dippy") and just plain daffy surrealism ("Sunshine Superman," "Hurdy Gurdy Man," "Mellow Yellow"), set to Mickie Most's Swinging London arrangements, heavy on the horns and strings, epitomizes the Carnaby Street era like no one else can.
The handful of bonus tracks include Donovan's surprisingly cool collaboration with the Jeff Beck Group on "Barabajagal" and his theme for the Chuck Jones TV cartoon "Rikki-Tikki-Tavi." Novices should start here.
- Sony Music Distribution (
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Date Released
- 1999-01-01 00:00:00
No reviews yet.