DStv Drifta Mobile
Limited DVB-H coverage area
Was R 649
Discovery Miles 5 450
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Requires DStv subscription for activation , the resolution for DBV-H is 320x240
Drfifta DStv Mobile Decoder
The Drifta is a mobile TV decoder that recieves DVB-H signal and converts it into a Wi-Fi signal for Wi-Fi enabled viewing devices: laptops, PCs, tablets and smartphones.For the product to work it must be within DVB-H coverage area.
Currently, the device is compatible with the iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad running iOS 5, select Android devices as well as Windows PCs including laptops and notebooks running Windows XP, Vista and 7.
- Broadcast Mobile TV on your iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad, select Android devices and Windows PCs including laptops and notebooks.
- Connects to your device via Wi-Fi or USB.
- Access the Mobile TV guide.
- Small lightweight and ultra portable.
- Rechargeable with up to three hours of viewing
Packages available with the Drifta:
- e.mobile (free)
- DStv Mobile (R49 monthly subscription)
- DStv Mobile for Premium subscribers (this includes the M-Net Mobile channel). Premium subs get one subscription on any DStv Mobile compatible device at no extra cost)
- Online at www.dstvmobile.com or telephonically on 011 289 2222
DStv Mobile coverage is available in the 9 major cities of South Africa.
For DStv mobile coverage please visit: http://www.dstvmobile.com/dstvmobile/content/en/south-africa-plus/south-africa-plus-coverage-map
The device package consists of:
Drifta DStv Mobile decoder
USB power adaptor
Software Application Disc
There are 3 packages to choose from:
DStv Mobile for premium Subscribers
Product Reviews (1)
Vusi, South Africa. 1 April 2014
It is a good device that does what it is meant to do. After use of the device I can say the following:
1. Once activated, it is very easy to link the device to your Wireless capable devices.
2. Nice way to get updated or watch available programming away from your home (or even at your home when the madam decides to watch Masterchef or something and you need to watch a live match).
3. Lovely size, fits into pocket very nicely and easy to carry around.
4. Takes a reasonable time to fully charge from empty (I think it's just over an hour).
5. Can be charge on a power outlet or any USB source (giving you options here).
6. Free subscription for Premium subscription makes it worth-while.
7. Your viewing will not be limited to a certain kind of devices (so, you can watch on either your Apple, Android, Windows and more devices).
8. Well built and good looking device I would say.
1. Not the greatest of video quality for quality-conscious people like me.
2. Activation via DSTV's website is not always enough, you might still need to get some assistance from a Multichoice agent anyway due to a subscription error(but not that much of a mission).
3. You won't go for very long hours of viewing without having to charge the devices' battery (understandably so because of the device's battery size and we know what WiFi signal does tend to drain batther power, even on our usual cellphones).