Durbanville Hills - Rhino Fields Merlot - Case 6 x 750ml
Discovery Miles 6 480
Shipped in 3 to 5 working days
Durbanville Hills Rhino fields Shiraz - 750ml
Nine leading vineyard owners in the Durbanville district joined forces with Distell to create Durbanville hills with the aim of promoting the regional individuality of this prime winegrowing area. The striking Durbanville hills cellar it's on the side of a series of rolling hills with magnificent views of table mountain and table bay the very geography that lies at the heart of what makes the wines so unique. The Durbanville ward is considered one of the cape's coolest wine regions, thanks to the sea breezes that drift inland from false bay and table bay and the late afternoon mists that bathe the slopes. These conditions are ideal for the slow ripening of the grapes, allowing them to develop their full flavoured, intense character. Grapes are sourced only from the shareholder- growers, all of whom farm within the limited appellation of Durbanville. Meticulous canopy management promotes concentration of varietal flavour and colour. Cellar master Martin Moore uses highly advanced cellar technology to ensure optimal extraction of colour and flavour. Sustainable practices include maintaining the disciplines imposed by International Environmental Standard ISO 140001 such as in the treatment of waste water back to irrigation quality. In all it's vineyards the growing practices prescribed by IPW (integrated production of wine) are followed. These are designed to sustain natural resources. In addition, the members protect on their farms 220 ha of endangered Renosterveld as part of the biodiversity wine initiative (BWI). The rhino fields range carries very limited release wines and the name refers to the indigenous cape Fynbos growing close to the Durbanville hills cellar and which is being conserved.
- Winemaker: Martin Moore and Wilhelm Coetzee
- Colour: Dark red
- Nose: Sweet ripe, red fruit combine with white pepper, nutmeg and floral undertones
- Taste: Full-bodied and soft textured with mouth-filling ripe red fruit. The tannins are silky with oak flavours that linger on the aftertaste
- Food Pairing: The complex palate makes it an ideal companion to mutton pie, a selection of Italian cured meats and gammon with a sweet and spicy glaze. Also enjoyable with goats milk cheese and pecorino cheese
- Weight: 8.19kg
- Size: 750ml
- Material: Glass
- South Africa
- Durbanville Hills - Rhino Fields Merlot - Case 6 x 750ml
No reviews yet.