Earthbound - Pinot Noir - Case 6 x 750ml
Discovery Miles 3 340
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
The deep, red Tukulu soils of Papkuilsfontein situated just 25km from the sea, have an excellent capacity to retain water. The cooling Atlantic ocean breezes and a protective range of hillocks, create an optimal micro climate for excellent growing conditions and ripening of the grapes. The farm also has an above-average rainfall of just under 570mm for the west coast. The grapes come from a dry-farmed block, trellised on a 3-wire hedge system, planted in 2002 and yielding around 5 tons-ha. Suckering and tipping of the vines ensures good aeration, light penetration and bud fertility. Winemaking: Fermentation took place over 18 days at 24 degrees Celsius to 26 degrees Celsius until dry. The wine was pressed and racked into 6000 litre vats and after two months was racked into a stainless steel tanks. In line with organic requirements, total sulfur levels were kept below 100pmm (compared with 160 ppm for regular wines).
Wine Maker's Comments:
- Colour: Lively, youthful red.
- Bouquet: Fresh and fruity, with notes of fruit cake, sweet spice, canned cherries and strawberry.-
- Palate: Easy-drinking in style with concentrated red fruit flavours, a soft and velvety texture and light but good tannin structure.
- Chemical Analysis: pH 3.5 - TS 5.47 - AA 13.98 - RS 4.5
- South Africa
- Earthbound - Pinot Noir - Case 6 x 750ml
No reviews yet.