Elton John - Love Songs (CD)
Discovery Miles 2 550
Free delivery available |
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Number of Discs
- Copy Control
- Number of Items
- Love Songs  [Remaster]
- Country of Origin
- Universal Distribution
- Mono / Stereo
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Can You Feel the Love Tonight?
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] One, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Sacrifice
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Daniel
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Someone Saved My Life Tonight
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Your Song
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Believe
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Blue Eyes
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Blessed
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Candle in the Wind
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] You Can Make History (Young Again) - ('96)
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] No Valentines - ('96)
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Circle of Life
- Pop / Rock
- South Africa
LOVE SONGS is a hits compilation with two new songs: "You Can Make History (Young Again)" and "No Valentines."
Personnel includes: Elton John (vocals, piano); James Newton Howard (conductor); George Michael (vocals); The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra.
Producers include: Chris Thomas, Gus Dudgeon, Elton John, George Michael.
Digitally remastered by Erick Labson (MCA Music Studios, Hollywood, California).
LOVE SONGS is a career-spanning collection that takes great liberty with what it means to be a love song. It includes some of John's biggest, and most obvious, pop standards, such as "Your Song" and "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word," and reels in a few songs that have never appeared on an Elton John album, including his two Grammy-winning songs from THE LION KING and his duet with George Michael on "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me."
It also includes several ballads that stretch the boundary of love songdom. "Daniel" is a gorgeous ballad about some sort of loss; it was written as a tribute to a Vietnam vet. "Circle Of Life," one of THE LION KING tracks, is a pop song about growing up that expresses a wondrous love for the mystery of life without being about "love" at all. And the rock ballad "No Valentines," one of two new songs written for this collection with longtime lyricist Bernie Taupin, is a vicious breakup note. They almost all sound like classic love songs, though, because of John's gift for composing ballads and his sweet British tenor. No matter what he's singing about, it's easy to fall in love with the sound.
- Date Released
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Elton John
- 70m 46s
No reviews yet.