Essential Michael Jackson - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 2 990
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Mono / Stereo
- Michael Jackson; Hal Davis; Mel Larson; Jerry Marcellino; Leon Huff; Quincy Jones; Bill Bottrell; Teddy Riley; Kenny Gamble; R. Kelly; Rodney Jerkins; Bruce Swedien; The Corporation; Hal Davis; Mel Larson; Jerry Marcellino; Kenneth Gamble; Leon Huff; Quincy Jones; Bill Bottrell
- The Essential Michael Jackson
- Studio / Live
Personnel: Michael Jackson (vocals, soprano, percussion, background vocals); Michael Jackson; Linda Harmon (vocals, soprano); Christa Larson, Ashley Ferrell, Andra‚ Crouch, Mystery Girl (vocals); Vincent Price (rap vocals, spoken vocals); L.T.B. (rap vocals); Mario Henderson, Slash, Steve Stevens , Trevor Rabin (guitar); David "Hawk" Wolinski (piano, electric piano); Brad Buxer (keyboards, synthesizer); George Duke, Glen Ballard, Rhett Lawrence (synthesizer); Gary King, Louis Johnson, Nathan Watts, Bobby Watson (bass guitar); Claudio Slon (drums, congas, percussion); Rick Marotta (drums, percussion); Ed Green , Ed Green, Jeff Porcaro (drums); Bryan Loren (percussion); Becky Lopez, Zedric Williams, Julia Waters, Maxine Willard Waters, Andra‚ Crouch Choir, Oren Waters, Bunny Hull (background vocals); Paul McCartney (vocals, background vocals); Siedah Garrett (vocals); Larry Carlton, Michael Sembello, Roland Bautista , Tito Jackson, David E. Williams , Marlo Henderson (guitar); Greg Phillinganes (electric piano, keyboards, synthesizer); David Paich, Michael Boddicker (keyboards, synthesizer); Steve Porcaro, Teddy Riley (synthesizer); Laudir DeOliveira (drums, congas, percussion); John "4 Daddman" Robinson (drums); Paulinho Da Costa, Randy Jackson , Richard Heath (percussion); James Ingram , Jim Gilstrap, Paulette McWilliams, Mortonette Jenkins, Augie Johnson (background vocals); Jerry Hey, Jimmy Smith , Kim Hutchcroft, Larry Williams .
Audio Mixers: Don Murray ; Jeff Tarsia; Jay Marks; Peter Granet; Rodney Jerkins; Bruce Swedien.
Liner Note Author: Nelson George.
Recording information: Record One, Los Angeles, CA (1969-1999); Sony Studios, New York, NY (1969-1999); sony Studios, NY (1969-1999).
Ensemble: Seawind Horns.
Introduction bys: Michael Jackson; Chris Tucker.
Photographers: Todd Gray; Kenny Rogers; Neal Preston; Dick Zimmerman; Sam Emerson.
Unknown Contributor Roles: John Bahler Singers; Frank DiLeo; The Winans.
Arrangers: Michael Jackson; Quincy Jones; James Ingram ; Steve Porcaro; David Paich; Bobby Martin ; Jackie Jackson ; Marty Paich; Steve Lukather.
The title might sound like hyperbole, but this two-disc collection is, in fact, a pretty fair summation of Michael Jackson's career up to 2005. Of course, it's impossible for two discs to hold every hit single Michael Jackson has ever had, but THE ESSENTIAL MICHAEL JACKSON starts with the Jackson Five's debut single, "I Want You Back," and ends 38 tracks later with the 2001 comeback attempt "You Rock My World." In between is a chronological overview of some of the most significant pop music in the last three decades of the 20th century, climaxing with about two-thirds of THRILLER and half of OFF THE WALL, the album that in retrospect sounds even fresher and more exciting than its blockbuster follow-up. Disc Two starts in 1987 with eight tracks from the underrated BAD, and its second half does the listener the handy service of compressing the second act of Michael Jackson's life story (a time when the tabloid headlines were overshadowing his increasingly formulaic music) into nine entirely respectable, if not earth-shattering, singles.
- Country of Origin
- Sony Music Distribution (
- Michael Jackson
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] I Want You Back
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] ABC
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Love You Save, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Got to Be There
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Rockin' Robin
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Ben
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Enjoy Yourself
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Blame It on the Boogie
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Rock with You
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Off the Wall
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] She's Out My Life
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Can You Feel It
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Girl Is Mine, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Billie Jean
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Beat It
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
- [ Disc 01 Track 19 ] Human Nature
- [ Disc 01 Track 20 ] P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
- [ Disc 01 Track 21 ] Thriller
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] Bad
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] I Just Can't Stop Loving You
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] Leave Me Alone
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] Way You Make Me Feel, The
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] Man in the Mirror
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] Dirty Diana
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] Another Part of Me
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] Smooth Criminal
- [ Disc 02 Track 09 ] Black or White
- [ Disc 02 Track 10 ] Heal the World
- [ Disc 02 Track 11 ] Remember the Time
- [ Disc 02 Track 12 ] In the Closet
- [ Disc 02 Track 13 ] Who Is It
- [ Disc 02 Track 14 ] Will You Be There
- [ Disc 02 Track 15 ] Dangerous
- [ Disc 02 Track 16 ] You Are Not Alone
- [ Disc 02 Track 17 ] You Rock My World
- Uncut (p.119) - 4 stars out of 5 - "[T]his is magical pop."
- Video Disabled
- Dexter Simmons; Don Murray; Jeff Tarsia; Jean Marie Horvat; Peter Granet; Rodney Jerkins; Stuart Brawley; Brad Gilderman
robert, South Africa. 9 May 2013
One of the best Michael Jackson cds, its got all the best hits, you dont get all the best songs in one as close as this