Essential Ozzy Osbourne - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 2 790
Free delivery available |
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Hard Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- The Essential Ozzy Osbourne
Personnel includes: Ozzy Osbourne (vocals); Randy Rhoads (guitar).
Producers include: Ozzy Osbourne, Bob Daisley, Lee Kerslake, Randy Rhoads, Max Norman.
Compilation producers: Sharon Osbourne, Michael Guarracino, Bruce Dickinson.
Includes liner notes by Eddie Williamson.
Liner Note Author: Eddie Williamson.
Photographers: Greg Maston; Guzman/Rotterdam Conservatory Orquesta Tipica; Gene Kirkland.
While the parting of ways between a charismatic lead singer and a popular band is always a dicey proposition (David Lee Roth anyone?), many observers undoubtedly thought that when a depressed, drug-addled, Ozzy Osbourne was fired from Black Sabbath in 1979, a particularly dark day was at hand. Incredibly, however, Sabbath soldiered on, and Ozzy became a bigger superstar than even he himself could have imagined. Beginning with 1980's classic BLIZZARD OF OZZ and its equally classic single "Crazy Train," the Godfather Of Metal released a string of uniformly excellent albums the equal of anything in heavy music. Needless to say, along the way he consistently made the papers with his outrageous antics, headlined the biggest-grossing concert tour of all time, became a television star, and depending on who's telling the story, either sold his soul to Satan or became an average family man.
The two-disc THE ESSENTIAL OZZY OSBOURNE is essentially as advertised: a comprehensive 29-track collection of Ozzy's best-known solo material. Whereas Black Sabbath was all about the biggest monster riffs humanly possible, hammered into the listener's brain until he or she had either a spiritual awakening or a seizure, these discs display a much greater pop sensibility. The Oz-man easily straddles both furious Iron Maiden-style Brit metal and gorgeously melancholy ballads. All of Osbourne's best solo albums are represented (with the notable exception of 1982's essential SPEAK OF THE DEVIL, an album of live Black Sabbath covers), so one might be tempted to consider this the last word on Ozzy's career. Considering his tendency to surprise, however, it might be wiser to consider this set as simply Volume One.
- Country of Origin
- Sony Music Distribution (USA)
- Sony Music Distribution (
- Ozzy Osbourne
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Crazy Train
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Mr. Crowley
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] I Don't Know - (live)
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Suicide Solution
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Goodbye to Romance
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Over the Mountain
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Flying High Again
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Diary of a Madman
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Paranoid - (live)
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Bark at the Moon
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] You're No Different
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Rock 'N' Roll Rebel
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Crazy Babies
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Miracle Man
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Fire in the Sky
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Breakin' All the Rules
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] Mama, I'm Coming Home
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] Desire
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] No More Tears
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] Time After Time
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] Road to Nowhere
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] I Don't Want to Change the World - (live)
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] Perry Mason
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] I Just Want You
- [ Disc 02 Track 09 ] Thunder Underground
- [ Disc 02 Track 10 ] See You on the Other Side
- [ Disc 02 Track 11 ] Gets Me Through
- [ Disc 02 Track 12 ] Dreamer
- [ Disc 02 Track 13 ] No Easy Way Out
- Studio / Live
- Uncut (5/03, p.114) - 4 stars out of 5 - "...This should help reaffirm him as one of metal's finer songsmiths..."
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.