FINAL FANTASY X-2 (PLATINUM) (PS2)
Discovery Miles 1 340
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
THIS TITLE MAY REQUIRE ACCESS TO A BROADBAND INTERNET CONNECTION.
Taking place two years after Yuna's fateful journey to defeat Sin, the once chaotic world of Spira has gone through a massive transformation, entering a period of "Eternal Calm". The people of Spira now shun the teachings of Yevon and have opened their arms to former foes, the Al Bhed and the use of machina. The Machine Faction aims to propagate the use of machina in Spira, going as far as renaming "machina" to "machines" to remove the stigma. However, even with the peaceful life they now lived, there is emptiness in Yuna's heart that is keeping her from moving on as the others have.
One day, Yuna obtains a mystical sphere that contains imagery of what might be the Blitzball player she thought was gone forever. Although Yuna isn't certain that it is him or if he is even alive, she's driven to seek him out. Yuna needs closure to their unexpected parting, even if only to find that she will never see him again. So begins her journey, this is Yuna's story.
While FINAL FANTASY X-2 is a sequel it is in many ways a new game. Incorporating several new elements to gameplay, this title can be considered a new methodology to the FINAL FANTASY franchise. Keeping true to the series tradition, FINAL FANTASY X-2 has advanced gaming to new levels and is set to be another landmark title for SQUARE.
- First true sequel to the renowned FINAL FANTASY series.
- First mission based FINAL FANTASY allowing for non-linear gameplay.
- Playable characters are female, including the introduction of a new main character.
- A variety of new and unique job classes such as "Gunner", "Lady Luck", "Berserker" and the atypical "Songstress" have been incorporated into FINAL FANTASY X-2.
- For the first time in FINAL FANTASY, characters can switch job classes in the heat of battle utilizing the newly created "Garment Grid".
- Stunning transformation sequences, rivaling the summoning of aeons in FINAL FANTASY X.
- A return to Active Time Battle (ATB) speeding up the pace of battles.More dynamic movements in battle previously unseen in FINAL FANTASY titles.
Christopher, Benoni. 10 November 2008
If you love Final fantasy you'll play it from start to end ,but that doesn't mean that you'll necessarily enjoy it.
The story is some what of a cheap spin off of the Original FFX ,definitely slanted for the female sex ,seems like Square tried to expand there core market a little.
Graphics:slight improvement over FFX no real break though.
Sound:Actually pretty dam good.
Playability:the game uses the old ATB system but the turns play out in real time so you can't fiddle looking though spells during a battle ,the upgrading system is odd to say the least The whole Dress Sphere thing is a wee bit dodgy. Basically each character can where a dress sphere which is interchangeable in battle and else where,each representing a class of sort eg. Warrior ,Dark Knight. each class is leveled up if you were wearing the sphere at the end of battle.
Overall: if you like FF it'll be fun but forgettable,Plus its too easy.