Four Tops - Millennium Collection - Best Of The Four Tops (CD)
Discovery Miles 850
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Number of Discs
- Number of Items
- 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of The Four Tops
- Country of Origin
- Universal Distribution
- Mono / Stereo
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Baby I Need Your Loving
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Ask the Lonely
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Reach Out (I'll Be There)
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Standing in the Shadows of Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Bernadette
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Shake Me, Wake Me (When It's Over)
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Walk Away Renee
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] If I Were a Carpenter
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Still Water (Love)
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Ain't No Woman (Like the One I've Got)
- R&B / Soul
- South Africa
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
This is part of MCA's 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection series.
Liner Note Author: Stu Hackel.
Arrangers: Jerry Long; Jimmy Roach.
Though they have been around for nearly 40 years, the Four Tops were never stronger than during the '60s and early '70s. With a dozen Top 20 and five Top Ten hits, the Tops were just as their name implies. As part of their Millennium Collection, Motown has selected 11 of these hits for consideration as one of the pre-eminent groups of the era. From the trademark stylings of Holland-Dozier-Holland to a tune by Smokey Robinson (who himself once considered the Tops to be "the baddest group around"), this best-of set is pretty much what it says to be. Though a cover of "If I Were a Carpenter" and a hyper-produced version of Robinson's "Still Water (Love)" may not reach the reminiscent heights of "Reach Out I'll Be There" and "I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)," the Tops' devotions to originally named girls like " (Walk Away) Renee" and "Bernadette" and their tales of love wanted, won, and lost easily make them one of the best-loved groups of the last century, if not the last millennium. ~ Matthew Robinson
- Date Released
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- The Four Tops
- Dennis Lambert; Frank Wilson; Harry Weinger; Ivy Jo Hunter; Lamont Dozier; William "Mickey" Stevenson; Brian Holland; Brian Potter
- 31m 42s
No reviews yet.