Frank Zappa - Make A Jazz Noise Here (CD)
Discovery Miles 3 690
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Art Rock
- Number of Items
- Make a Jazz Noise Here
- Audio CD
- Q (8/95, pp.150-151) - 4 Stars - Excellent - "...focuses on the five-piece horn section's bravura musical moments....Tight and tenacious."
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Stinkfoot
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] When Yuppies Go To Hell
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Fire And Chains
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Let's Make The Water Turn Black
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Harry, You're A Beast
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Orange County Lumber Truck, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Oh No
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Theme From Lumpy Gravy
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Eat That Question
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Black Napkins
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Big Swifty
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] King Kong
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Star Wars Won't Work
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] Black Page [New Age Version], The
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] T'Mershi Duween
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] Dupree's Paradise
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] City Of Tiny Lights
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] Royal March From "L'Histoire Du Soldat"
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] Theme From The Bartok Piano Concerto #3
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] Sinister Footwear 2nd mvt.
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] Stevie's Spanking
- [ Disc 02 Track 09 ] Alien Orifice
- [ Disc 02 Track 10 ] Cruisin' For Burgers
- [ Disc 02 Track 11 ] Advance Romance
- [ Disc 02 Track 12 ] Strictly Genteel
- Pop / Rock
Personnel: Frank Zappa (vocals, guitar, synthesizers); Ike Willis, Mike Keneally (guitar, synthesizers); Kurt McGettrick (contrabass clarinet, baritone saxophone); Paul Carman (soprano, alto & baritone saxophones); Albert Wing (tenor saxophone); Walt Fowler (trumpet, flugelhorn); Bruce Fowler (trombone); Bobby Martin (keyboards); Scott Thunes (Mini-Moog synthesizer, bass); Ed Mann (vibraphone, marimba, percussion); Chad Wackerman (drums, percussion).
The third collection from the infamous 1988 final world tour, MAKE A JAZZ NOISE HERE is easily one of Zappa's most challenging live recordings in his massive catalog. Comprised mostly of instrumental masterpieces ("King Kong," "T'Mershi Duween"), bizarre group improvisations ("When Yuppies Go To Hell") and a few comedic novelty songs ("Stevie's Spanking"), this two-disc set is a revealing look at one of Zappa's most accomplished (and largest) bands of his career. Also included are some unique (although short) quotes from Stravinsky's "L'Histoire Du Soldat" and Bartok's "Piano Concerto #3." What's more, this is a great illustration of how Zappa actually "played" the band. His use of sampled sound bites ("Fire And Chains") and electronically manipulated sound effects ("Star Wars Won't Work") along with his command of instant stylistic changes in mid-song ("The Black Page") gives us a picture of his immense tonal palette from which he created each performance. It is sad, however, that this was the last time the world would hear this brilliant artist in a live setting.
- Universal Distribution
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Frank Zappa
- Date Released
No reviews yet.