G Funk Classics Vol 1 & 2 - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 3 170
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- West Coast Rap
- Mono / Stereo
- Copy Control
- G-Funk Classics, Vol. 1 & 2 [PA] [Slipcase]
Personnel: Nate Dogg, Snoop Doggy Dogg, Daz Dillinger, Warren G, Danny 'Butch' Means, Barbara Wilson, Kurupt The Kingpin, Tray Dee, Big Chuck, Tupac Shakur, Pamela Hale, Issac Reese, Big Syke (vocals); Ricky Rose (guitar); Priest 'Soopafly' Brooks (vocals, keyboards); Tommy D. Daugherty (keyboards); Danny Green (bass); Butch Small (percussion); Nancy Fletcher, Six Feet Deep, Fuskee, The Lady Of Rage (background vocals).
Producers include: Nate Dogg, Snoop Doggy Dogg, Daz Dillinger, Warren G, Priest 'Soopafly' Brooks.
Recorded at Can-Am Studios, Reseda, California and Dogg Foundation Studios, Dogg Pound, California.
Audio Mixers: Lance Pierre; Nate Dogg; Skip Saylor; Tommy D. Daugherty.
Recording information: Can-Am Studios, Reseda, CA; Dogg Foundation Studios, Dogg Pound, CA.
Over the course of these two discs, GHETTO PREACHER and THE PRODIGAL SON, the listener is given a tour of the hip-hop world as seen through the eyes of Nate Dogg, and it's an illuminating journey indeed. While Dogg doesn't shy away from the realities of the gangsta world in his lyrics, his rapping style is miles away from the in-your-face style of many of his peers. The arrangements are sparse and understated; there's no PE-style polyphony here, but there are precious few jeep-beats either. Nate Dogg's musical aesthetic is informed by old school soul and even a touch of jazz, making for some unassumingly seductive backdrops to his lyrical observations. It doesn't hurt that Dogg receives some assistance here from the likes of Snoop and Warren G, but ultimately, it's Dogg's own low-key style that makes his music signify.
- Nate Dogg
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Hardest Man In Town
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Intro To G-Funk (Comm. 1)
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] G-Funk
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] First We Pray
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] My World
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Crazy, Dangerous
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] These Days - (featuring Daz Dillinger)
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Bag O'Weed
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Dirty Hoe's Draws
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Scared of Love - (featuring Danny "Butch" Means)
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Me & My Homies
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Because I Got a Girl
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] My Money
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Never Leave Me Alone
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Last Prayer (Comm. 2)
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Where Are You Going? - (featuring Pamela Hale)
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] Dedication
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] Who's Playin' Games
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] I Don't Wanna Hurt No More - (featuring Danny "Butch" Means)
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] Just Another Day
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] She's Strange
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] Almost In Love
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] No Matter Where I Go
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] Stone Cold
- [ Disc 02 Track 09 ] Friends - (featuring Warren G)
- [ Disc 02 Track 10 ] Puppy Love - (featuring Daz/Kurupt the Kingpin/Snoop Dogg)
- [ Disc 02 Track 11 ] It's Goin' Down Tonight - (featuring Danny "Butch" Means/Isaac Reese)
- [ Disc 02 Track 12 ] Nobody Does It Better - (featuring Warren G)
- [ Disc 02 Track 13 ] Sexy Girl
- [ Disc 02 Track 14 ] Dogg Pound Gangstaville - (featuring Kurupt the Kingpin/Snoop Dogg)
- [ Disc 02 Track 15 ] Never Too Late
- Studio / Live
- Universal Distribution
- Rap Pages (9/98, p.119) - 4 (out of 5) - "...Nate delivers the goods on his double CD...a collection of songs representing his tenure at Death Row and his transitional years as a free man..."
- 135m 24s
- Video Disabled
- Lance Pierre; Tommy D. Daugherty
No reviews yet.