Battlefield 3 (PC DVD-ROM)
*Internet Connection Required
Discovery Miles 1 810
Once received from the supplier we ship within 24 hours.
When do I get it?
Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of it’s time with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next instalment of DICE’s cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering enhanced visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before. In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding missions across diverse locations including Paris, Tehran and New York
- Frostbite 2 – Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio to new heights. Built upon this powerful game engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally to the world around them like never before.
- Feel the Battle — Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain. Battlefield 3’s cutting edge animation, spectacular visuals and real as hell battle gameplay attack your senses and make you feel the visceral warriors experience like no other FPS.
- Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare — The best online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup of land, air and sea vehicles.
- Urban Combat — Take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as you fight your way through the war of tomorrow.
- Age Limit
- South Africa
- Action / Shooter
- PC DVD
- Feel The Battle! This autumn, prepare to feel the most physical shooter ever created, powered by the all-new Frostbite 2 gaming engine. In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines. They will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer action ranging across diverse locations from around the globe. Powered by the innovative technology of Frostbite 2, Battlefield 3 takes First Person Shooters to a whole new level. <p> Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite 2, the next instalment of DICEs cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations. As bullets whiz by, walls crumble, and explosions throw you to the ground, the battlefield feels more alive and interactive than ever before. In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of the elite U.S. Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York
- Number of Items
- Release Date
- 28 October 2011
- Electronic Arts
- Battlefield 3
Product Reviews (19)
Bruce, South Africa. 21 July 2012
Honestly the best game I have ever played. Currently sitting at over 375 hours of multiplayer gameplay, and still loving it. Highly recommend going Premium after buying this, as this gives you all the expansions and some extra content for less than you'd pay to buy it all individually.
Lebogang Onassis, Soshanguve. 29 October 2011
Yo Richard M hope you get to read this in time no man if you have the disk you don't have to download Origin is kind of of tricky to say the least.
install origin from disk after all is installed log on to origin , after that don't click on that battlefield icon from origin just as yet go back to the disk and click install when it ask for the second time this time it will download the game from the disk . to make sure check if your dvd rom led is blinking or whatever , that should do the trick.
hope that helps.
i love this game
Arran, MILNERTON. 4 January 2012
Really good price from Takealot. Paid for it at 7am and at 11am it was delivered to my door. Big thumbs up there.
You really do need a decent internet connection to play and update the game. But once you passed the 3.9gb update patch (map pack that you can purchase later) the game is just hours and hours of fun.
Josua, BELLVILLE. 31 October 2011
not true at all, you must be doing something wrong.
Richard, Lambton. 28 October 2011
Would love to write a decent review about this game, but unfortunately that's going to be very hard due to the actions of EA/Origin.
All I can say is that I've never spent so much money buying a coffee coaster before. The only option you have with this game is to download. It will not allow you to install from the DVD and at 11.3 GB and having a 3GB cap, that's 4 months before I'll even see what the game looks like.
Oh well, onto the back shelf with you to join all the other useless stuff I have.
Chris, ZEERUST. 21 November 2011
Kindly note that EA is correcting the advantages of the veteran players by balancing the weapons a bit more, this will be a compulsory download next week.
So if you want to take advantage of the imbalance of the weapons (to get some easy kills) as is the current situation get the game NOW - but you will be in for a big download that will fix all the issues as reported the past 3 weeks.
I WISH BF3 AND MW3 DID NOT RELEASE THIS CLOSE TO EACH OTHER (it result in difficult choices for the family), but BF3 is definitly the more mature game. ENJOY
Douglas, South Africa. 14 May 2012
Great game only let down by average single player campaign, being forced to use origin and the regular large patches it gets to prevent cheating for the excellent team muliplayer. Still if the above mention does not bother you and you have a newer computer it is well worth the asking price.
LJ, South Africa. 9 January 2012
Warning - The game requires a 3.2GB update by download.
My initial installation from the DVD's installed fine, no download required for the 11GB - but my game doesn't work after the installation.
Downloading the update now - hopefully it works after that.
Austin, Garsfontein. 31 October 2011
Game installed from discs fine, it just logs into origin, enter code and installed. It may look like its downloading game but is in fact installing from discs. Dont know what that other dude was on about about having to download game.
Stefan, South Africa. 11 September 2012
Best game that had ever came out on this planet!! Dis 'n "moet" koop vir almal wat van speletjies hou wat jy saam met jou friende kan speel. Tanks, fliegtuie, groot en klein gebiede tesame met die feit dat jy ure se pret kan he!!!
Robert, South Africa. 23 February 2012
Good gameplay, good graphics, dedicated servers and huge maps...what more do you want! :)
Kevin, Shakaskraal. 3 November 2011
Aside from a few hiccups at launch, the new battle log and also the game play are truly amazing. I would really recommend getting this game, best team tactical shooter out right now.
Worth the wait and the wasted time trying to get it to work :)
jaco, Vaalpark. 13 November 2011
FPS of the year..
Jonathan, Cascades. 13 January 2012
Brilliant game. You will never be disappointed after buying this game. Loads of persistence gives you the assurance that's money well spent!
farrell, South Africa. 24 December 2012
as jy die game soos nou gekoop(12/2012) het,maak seker jy het genoeg data want dit makeer 6.845 gig vir die update...alles van laas jaar tot nou toe.
MAAR DIT IS DIE MOEITE WRD :)
Joe, South Africa. 3 November 2011
BEWARE !!! DOES NOT RUN ON XP !
Johan, CENTURY CITY. 9 December 2011
Best and most addictive game ever! Very interactive and very very intense! I would recommend this game to everyone!
Pierre, DIE BOORD. 28 October 2011
The other review prompted to write the following. If you run the installer from the discs, then dw, Origin isn't downloading it exactly, it's just "downloading" it from the disc. It got me at first as well, but if you check your network traffic, you should notice that nothing is actually being downloaded from the net.
Martin, JOHANNESBURG. 8 November 2011
Great game graphics are good. To get around the download issue copy CD1 to your hard drive to a folder called BF3 and launch setup from there when it asks for disk 2 delete content of BF3 folder and copy disk 2 to that folder and you are on your way. The Origin screen still says downloading but it actually downloading from your hard disk.