Mass Effect 2 (Xbox 360)
Discovery Miles 2 730
Two years after Commander Shepard repelled invading Reapers bent on the destruction of organic life, a mysterious new enemy has emerged. On the fringes of known space, something is silently abducting entire human colonies. Now Shepard must work with Cerberus, a ruthless organization devoted to human survival at any cost, to stop the most terrifying threat mankind has ever faced.
To even attempt this perilous mission, Shepard must assemble the galaxy’s most elite team and command the most powerful ship ever built. Even then, they say it would be suicide. Commander Shepard intends to prove them wrong.
- From the makers of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Dragon Age: Origins, and Mass Effect comes the dark second installment in the thrilling Mass Effect Trilogy!
- Command a unique team of amazing characters on a perilous mission in the most dangerous regions of space.
- Players of the first Mass Effect can import save games to continue the story of their own Commander Shepard. New players will find a thrilling stand-alone adventure awaits them - a polished and action packed adventure that surpasses the first game in nearly every possible way.
- Take cover, command an elite squad with ease, utilize 19 weapon classes including heavy weapons, and unleash deadly powers against your foes with an all new and improved combat system.
- Increased intensity with precision shooter controls to let you control the action and overcome insurmountable odds.
- Featuring a new location based damage system: target key weak points, and blast off limbs, ignite enemies, or cripple and disable enemy troops.
- Visit familiar locales, such as the Citadel, and travel to deadly unknown new worlds to save mankind.
- Survey unique planets and embark on side missions to uncover more secrets in the Mass Effect universe.
- Robust Character Customizations
- Choose a player class, customize your appearance, and tailor your own abilities and strengths. As you progress so do Shepard's abilities.
- Control the conversation. Improved conversation system where you can take matters into your own hands - often with the liberal application of force.
- South Africa
- Action / Adventure
- Electronic Arts
- Xbox 360
- The sci-fi role-playing epic continues, as the Mass Effect story delves into darker territory and the fate of Commander Shepard, his crew and the entire galaxy. <p> A streamlined combat system makes the game even more action-packed than before, with a new regenerating health system that means you spend less time fiddling with menus and more time shooting enemies. You can also direct teammates individually with a simple press of a button, giving you greater tactical control over every encounter. <p> The number of planets you can explore, and the complexity of the sub quests you find on them, has been greatly expanded from the first game - giving you a whole galaxy to explore at will. The original game was the most cohesive mix yet of action game and role-player and this sequel goes even further in combing both genres into one giant space opera. Key Features <p> Episode Two: Commander Shepard returns as the award-winning action role-player offers up even more intense storytelling and a whole new threat to humanity. <p> All action: All-new combat options make the game even more action-packed, with more versatile controls, more weapons and better management of allies. <p> Age of discovery: Even more exploration options than before, with more detailed side quests and many more developed planets to visit. <p> Good talker: Revamped conversation system is more dynamic than ever, with faster, more realistic dialogue and a new cinematic camera. <p> Ongoing story: If you have a save file from the first Mass Effect then the decisions you made will have an effect on the new game and old characters will remember you.
- Number of Items
- Xbox 360
- Release Date
- 1 May 2010
- Electronic Arts
- Mass Effect 2
Product Reviews (3)
Tavir, Reservoir Hills. 16 March 2010
I dont usually give 10/10 for games as I am a difficult gamer to please. That said mass effect has completely blown me away in every department; graphics, sound, voice acting, storyline, gameplay. This is more than a sequel to mass effect 1, it is a continuation of the story of YOUR hero commander sheppard. Not only has the game evolved but so have the characters, the time lapse that presents itself also shows that development in sheppard's crew. I was worried that bioware would not be able to create a game that would surpass ME1, but my word not only have they surpassed it, the have raised the bar to a new extreme. ME2 still has the cinematic presentation that was present in the first title but with the story already set it is more action orientated, and ME2 has delivered some of the most stunning scenes capable of rivaling hollywood. The reason I have given 9 for the sound was I did experience a few glitches in the sound but this does not happen often (for a strange reason a characters voice will go robotic for a second... weird).
Its difficult to explain how brilliant the storyline is, and how the characters intergrate into the mass effect world and your choices that effect this world, because bioware doesnt waste time into kicking in the main story plot and thus anything I say could in fact be a spoiler. Be warned though if you a DIE hard RPG fan then you will be disappointed a little as the skills have been seriously shorten for example the soldier class doesnt have upgrade points for the various class of weapons but only has 4 skills to grade, at first when adjusting from ME1 this will seem to be disadvantage but as you progress through the game and get used to this layout then you will see the advantages to this. There are various systems like looting that has been removed but bioware has made sure that these arent critical to changed the experience and is designed to streamline your gameplay.
The absolute beauty of this game this the fact that there are NO GENERIC missions, no cut and paste. Every side quest has a unique setting and requirements which is impressive. If you enjoyed ME1 then by all means buy this now, it is money well spent. A single play will take you about 30 hours to beat. As a closing comment ME2 has over 700 ties from ME1 therefore importing your character will make the gaming experience that more powerful. I just hope bioware keep up this standard and that other developers follow this level of gaming as a gold standard
Lindsay, GATESVILLE. 13 February 2010
Wow!! The Mass Effect franchise justs gets stronger. Strong Narrative, character,design,combat mechanics. It ticks every box. If you are looking for an immersive experience that pulls at your emotions this is the title for you. I don't want to go into detail but this is bloody good fun and substance too match. Each character you interact with is so well crafted and convincing it sets the bar extremely high for upcoming titles. Most Definitely in my top 5 of all time. The first in the Mass Effect series was great but they have amped it up even more. Instantly noticeable is the combat and cover system. They found a greater balance now and the shooter element of the game is much more deserving of a title such as this. Go and get it now!!! You will still be thinking about it for months to come after your first playthrough, but i can guarantee that you will be giving it another go to see what transpires the next time round. A must buy for any gamer. The only reason i would scale it down is because of very few graphical issues and certain textures look less than next-gen but overall it is a great looking game.
Stefan, South Africa. 12 December 2012
All I can say is, WOW. What an amazing game! Great gameplay, great story-telling, great characters, great experience! If you haven't given it a try, NOW is the time - it will be worth the play! By far the best in the trilogy!