StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (PC DVD-ROM / Mac)
*Internet Connection Required*
Discovery Miles 2 900
This item is in stock in our CPT warehouse. If ordered and paid for before 14:00, it will be shipped (which is the date it will leave TAKEALOT's warehouse) same day.
You can also collect it yourself from our warehouse during the week or over weekends.
StarCraft II continues the epic saga of the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg. These three distinct and powerful races will clash once again in the fast-paced real-time strategy sequel to the legendary original, StarCraft. Legions of veteran, upgraded, and brand-new unit types will do battle across the galaxy, as each faction struggles for survival.
Featuring a unique single-player campaign that picks up where StarCraft: Brood War left off, StarCraft II will present a cast of new heroes and familiar faces in an edgy sci-fi story filled with adventure and intrigue. In addition, Blizzard will again offer unparalleled online play through Battle.net, the company’s world-renowned gaming service, with several enhancements and new features to make StarCraft II the ultimate competitive real-time strategy game.
- Fast-paced, hard-hitting, tightly balanced competitive real-time strategy gameplay that recaptures and improves on the magic of the original game
- Three completely distinct races: Protoss, Terran, and Zerg
- New units and gameplay mechanics further distinguish each race
- Groundbreaking single-player campaign
- Vibrant new 3D-graphics engine with support for dazzling visual effects and massive unit and army sizes
- Full multiplayer support, with new competitive features and matchmaking utilities available through Battle.net
- Full map-making and scripting tools to give players incredible freedom in customizing and personalizing their gameplay experience
Minimum System Requirements*
- PC: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7 (Latest Service Packs) with DirectX 9.0c
- 2.6 GHz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
- 128 MB PCIe NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT or ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card or better
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.2 or newer
- Intel Processor
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT or ATI Radeon X1600 or better
- PC/Mac: 12 GB available HD space
- 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista/Windows 7 users, 2 GB for Mac users)
- DVD-ROM drive
- Broadband Internet connection
- 1024X720 minimum display resolution
*Note: Due to potential programming changes, the Minimum System Requirements for this game may change over time.
- PC: Windows Vista/Windows 7
- Dual Core 2.4Ghz Processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon HD 3870 or better
- Mac: Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 4 GB system RAM
- NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or ATI Radeon HD 4670 or better
- South Africa
- PC DVD
- StarCraft II continues the epic saga of the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg. These three distinct and powerful races will clash once again in the fast-paced real-time strategy sequel to the legendary original, StarCraft. Legions of veteran, upgraded, and brand-new unit types will do battle across the galaxy, as each faction struggles for survival. <p> Featuring a unique single-player campaign that picks up where StarCraft: Brood War left off, StarCraft II will present a cast of new heroes and familiar faces in an edgy sci-fi story filled with adventure and intrigue. In addition, Blizzard will again offer unparalleled online play through Battle.net, the companys world-renowned gaming service, with several enhancements and new features to make StarCraft II the ultimate competitive real-time strategy game.
- Number of Items
- Release Date
- 1 July 2010
- StarCraft II - Wings Of Liberty
Product Reviews (6)
Shaun, Musgrave. 11 August 2010
StarCraft 2 is well worth every cent paid for it, make no mistake about that.
Anyone who is a fan of the original StarCraft, any of the WarCraft games, or even just an RTS fan in general will love this game. Blizzard put many years into the design and testing of this game, and it clearly shows. Everything runs seamlessly, and there is no question that they have recaptured the awesome atmosphere of the previous StarCraft game.
The video sequences between missions are a welcome reminder of something which was really only ever seen in Blizzard or the old Westwood games. The voice acting is top notch and the attention to detail is evident. As is the case with most Blizzard games, the storyline is engaging and you'll want to keep playing on just to see what happens next.
The graphics are reasonably decent, although certainly not the best I've ever seen. It seems Blizzard want the game to be reminiscent of the predecessor, especially visually. Make no mistake however, the game still looks great, it just isn't the absolute most amazing graphics you will ever see. The upside of this is that the game should work on most PCs, even mid to low-end ones.
The soundtrack is perfectly suited to the action, and I particularly enjoy listening to the music on the jukebox at the bar.
The multiplayer and singleplayer modes both contain an awesome achievement system, where you receive points based on certain objectives which need to be achieved, such as finishing a level under certain conditions, or perhaps making use of Raynor to kill a certain number of units etc. This system adds a lot to the game, and you'll often find yourself replaying missions (which can be done at a later stage, as all missions are accessible as you complete them) just to try score a few more achievement points. The replay value of this game is thus immense, particularly with 4 difficulty levels (Easy, Normal, Hard, Brutal).
The multiplayer mode requires minimum cap usage, and there is very little lag, if any. Practice matches can be played before entering the leagues, and this is excellent for beginners who will be matched with players of similar ability and skill.
Overall, this game is a true classic, and I would recommend it to anyone who even remotely enjoys RTS games.
NOTE: You will need a permanent internet connection to play the game.
craig, KYA SAND. 5 December 2011
Very cool. Never played the one before this but I'm enjoying this strategy game a lot. It's got a good story too - that really adds to this game. Entertaining and fun to play, blow things up and kill aliens. Awesome.
Alistair, South Africa. 17 February 2012
Very good game, especially the online play. Ordered it on Thursday and it arrived on Friday. Takealot is the best, no doubt!
Jeremy, South Africa. 15 May 2012
Still the best. 'Nuff said!
Tom, South Africa. 25 May 2012
Great game. If you were at all a fan of the first one, you will love this one. I myself hardly played the first one, but found this one to be easy to get into. Online play is awesome. I can play on ladder any time of the day within a couple of seconds. Hardly uses any data while playing, only for initial update. Only playing multi-player at the moment, have yet to try the single-player, but completely addicted.
Gerhard, South Africa. 27 May 2012
Been a fan from the beginning. The best strategy games ever. Enough said.