Garmin - eTrex 10 Handheld GPS (Yellow)
13.8cm x 13.8cm x 7.1cm
Discovery Miles 21 990
On Credit: R / month
This item is in stock in our JHB warehouse and can be shipped from there. No collection facilities available, sorry!
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free delivery available |
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Worldwide basemap
- 5.5cm monochrome display, easy to read in any light
- GPS and GLONASS satellites for faster positioning
- Paperless geocaching
- 25-hour battery life with 2 AA batteries
eTrex 10 retains the core functionality, rugged construction, affordability and long battery life that made eTrex the most dependable GPS device available. We improved the user interface and added a worldwide basemap, paperless geocaching and support for spine-mounting accessories.
eTrex 10 has an enhanced 5.5cm monochrome display that's easy to read in any lighting situation. Both durable and waterproof, eTrex 10 is built to withstand the elements. Its easy-to-use interface means you'll spend more time enjoying the outdoors and less time searching for information. eTrex 10 features the legendary toughness that's built to withstand the elements. Dust, dirt, humidity, water -none are a match for this navigator.
With its high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix satellite prediction, eTrex 10 locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons. Whether you're in deep woods or just near tall buildings and trees, you can count on eTrex 10 to help you find your way when you need it the most.
eTrex devices are the first-ever consumer-grade receivers that can track both GPS and GLONASS satellites simultaneously. When using GLONASS satellites, the time it takes for the receiver to "lock on" to a position is (on average) approximately 20 percent faster than using GPS. And when using both GPS and GLONASS, the receiver has the ability to lock on to 24 more satellites than using GPS alone.
Take charge of your next adventure with Basecamp, software that lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks. This free trip-planning software even allows you to create Garmin Adventures that you can share with friends, family or fellow explorers.
Spend more time in the field and less time fumbling with paper. The eTrex stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs. Simply upload the geocaching GPX file to your device and start hunting for caches.
Track More Satellites:
Find your way with the first consumer-grade GPS receiver that tracks both GPS and GLONASS satellites simultaneously. When using them together, the receiver has the ability to lock on to 24 more satellites than using GPS alone, giving you your position quickly.
Skip the confusion about how to find things. eTrex is easy to use with intuitive navigation screens.
Pick Your Profile:
Customize eTrex for every occasion. Profiles allow eTrex to quickly switch into different configurations that you create, so when you're done geocaching and you need to drive home, your eTrex won't miss a beat.
More Dashboards in More Places:
Bring more functionality into frequently used applications with personalized dashboards. Avoid switching between applications and display more information by customizing your dashboards with an altimeter, compass, configurable data fields and more.
Whether following a saved route or planning a new one, eTrex has the tracking features you need. See high and low elevation points or store waypoints along a track (start, finish and high-low altitude) to estimate time and distance between points.
- eTrex stores data in universally accepted GPX file format so its compatible with a variety of computer applications (best when used with Basecamp
- Includes a worldwide basemap, improved interface and added support for spine mounting.
- Withstands dust, dirt, humidity and water.
- Locates your position quickly and precisely, and maintains it even in heavy cover and deep canyons.
Physical & Performance:
- Physical dimensions: 13.8cm x 13.8cm x 7.1cm
- Display size: 3.6cm x 4.3cm
- Diag : 5.6cm
- Display resolution: 128 x 160 pixels
- Display type: transflective, monochrome
- Weight: 141.7 g with batteries
- Battery: 2 AA batteries (not included), NiMH or Lithium recocmended
- Battery life: 25 hours
- Water rating: IPX7
- Floats: No
- High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
- Interface: USB
Maps & Memory:
- Basemap: Yes
- Preloaded maps: no
- Ability to add maps: No
- Built-in memory: no
- Accepts data cards: no
- Waypoints-favourites-locations: 1000
- Routes: 50
- Track log: 10,000 points, 100 saved tracks
Features & Benefits:
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads): No
- Electronic compass: No
- Touchscreen: No
- Barometric altimeter: No
- Camera: no
- Geocaching-friendly : Yes (Paperless)
- Custom maps compatible: No
- Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos): No
- Hunt-fish calendar: Yes
- Sun and moon information: Yes
- Area calculation: Yes
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): Yes
- Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): No
- Picture viewer: No
- Garmin Connect compatible (online cocmunity where you analyse, categorize and share data): Yes
In the Box:
- eTrex 10
- USB cable
- Quick start Guide
Jasper, South Africa. 2 March 2015
Good product, tough and waterproof took it out to sea on my kayak it took me to the spot and I caught a 10kg tuna. Use free easy GPS to upload your way points over the USB cable. Use free GPS babel to convert Google earth kml to easygps gpx format. I designed a 3d printed adapter to mount it on a gopro mount if anyone is interested.
Erich, South Africa. 21 July 2016
I love this little GPS, very rugged and extremely easy to use. User manuals could have been better but trial and error gives you more. It just needs a SD slot.