Garmin - Handheld GPSMAP 78s - Grey
17.8cm x 13.9cm x5.3cm
List Price R 5,649
Discovery Miles 49 990
On Credit: R / month
This item is in stock in our JHB warehouse and can be shipped from there. No collection facilities available, sorry!
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
For boaters and water sports enthusiasts who want to run with the best, the rugged GPSMAP 78s features a 3-axis compass, barometric altimeter, crisp colour mapping, high-sensitivity receiver, new moulded rubber side grips, plus a micro SD card slot for loading additional maps. And it floats!
GPSMAP 78s has a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows your heading even when you're standing still, without holding it level. Its barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you can even use it to plot barometric pressure over time to keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
With GPSMAP 78s you can share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible device users. Now you can send the location of your favourite fishing spot to a friend to find. Sharing data is easy. Just press "send" to transfer your information to similar units.
Keep Your Fix
With its high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix satellite prediction, GPSMAP 78s locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and built-up areas. The advantage is clear -whether you're in dense woods or just near tall buildings and trees, you can count on GPSMAP 78s to help you find your way when you need it the most.
Adding more maps is easy with Garmin's wide array of detailed marine, topographic and road maps, available on micro SD card. Conveniently plug in Blue Chart g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water. The card slot is located inside the waterproof battery compartment, so you don't have to worry about getting it wet. GPSMAP 78 also supports BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required), that lets you download satellite images to your device and integrate them with your maps. In addition, the 78s is compatible with Custom Maps, free Garmin software that transforms your own paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps for your GPS handheld device.
You've been busy exploring and now you want to store and analyse your activities. With a simple connection to your computer and to the Internet, you can get a detailed analysis of your activities and send tracks to your outdoor device using Garmin Connect. This one-stop site offers an activity table and allows you to view your activities on a map using Google Earth. Explore other routes uploaded by millions of other Garmin Connect users and share your experiences on Twitter and Facebook. Getting started is easy, so get out there, explore, and share.
GPSMAP 78s supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit. By going paperless, you're not only helping the environment but also improving efficiency. GPSMAP 78s stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs! Simply upload the GPX file to your unit and start hunting for caches. Slim and lightweight, 78 is the perfect companion for all your outdoor pursuits.
GPSMAP 78s: Colourful maps, durable design and buoyant -everything a mariner needs.
Physical & Performance:
- Physical dimensions: 17.8cm x 13.9cm x5.3cm
- Display size: 3.6cm x 5.5cm
- Diag: 6.6cm
- Display resolution: 160 x 240 pixels
- Display type: transflective, 65-K colour TFT
- Weight: 218.3 g with batteries
- Battery: 2 AA batteries (not included), NiMH or Lithium recocmended
- Battery life: 20 hours
- Water rating: IPX7
- Floats: Yes
- High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
- Interface: high-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
Maps & Memory:
- Basemap: Yes
- Preloaded maps: no
- Ability to add maps: Yes
- Built-in memory: 1.7 GB
- Accepts data cards: micro SD card (not included)
- Waypoints-favourites-locations: 2000
- Routes: 200
- Track log: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
Features & Benefits:
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads): Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- Electronic compass: Yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)
- Touchscreen: No
- Barometric altimeter: Yes
- Camera: no
- Geocaching-friendly: Yes (Paperless)
- Custom maps compatible: Yes
- Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos): Yes
- Hunt-fish calendar : Yes
- Sun and moon information: Yes
- Area calculation: Yes
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): Yes
- Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): Yes
- Picture viewer: Yes
- Garmin Connect compatible (online cocmunity where you analyse, categorize and share data): Yes
In The Box
- GPSMAP 78s
- Wrist strap
- USB cable
- Quick start Guide
No reviews yet.