Getting Ready - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 590
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Texas/W. Coast Blues
- Mono / Stereo
- Getting Ready...
Personnel: Freddie King (vocals, electric guitar); Leon Russell (guitar, piano); Don Preston (guitar); Jon Gallie (organ); Donald "Duck" Dunn (bass); Charles Blackwell, Charles Myers (drums); Claudia Lennear, Kathi McDonald, Don Preston, Joey Cooper (background vocals).
Reissue producer: Tom Cartwright.
Recorded at Chess Studios, Chicago, Illinois in October 1970. Includes liner notes by Bill Dahl.
Although a Texas boy, King came to musical maturity on Chicago's West Side, along with Magic Sam, Otis Rush and Buddy Guy. During the early 60s, he made a groundbreaking series of records, vocal and instrumental - "Have You Ever Loved A Woman" and "Hideaway" later became standards during the British blues boom. In 1966, he made a couple of lacklustre records before signing with Leon Russell's Shelter label. Russell had a deep appreciation of King's music and knew how to combine traditional material with contemporary arrangements. It showed that Freddie's talents were still intact on a set of standard blues that included "Dust My Broom", and "Key To The Highway". The diamond however is "Going Down", with the world's greatest descending riff.
- Country of Origin
- The Right Stuff
- Studio / Live
- Freddie King
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Same Old Blues
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Dust My Broom
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Worried Life Blues
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Five Long Years
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Key to the Highway
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Going Down
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Living on the Highway
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Walking by Myself
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] I'm Tore Down
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Palace of the King
- EMI Music Distribution
- Rolling Stone (7/8/71, p.44) - "...Be the first kid on your block to have Freddie King tear the roof off your home, and buy GETTIN' READY..."
- 44m 39s
- Video Disabled
- Steve Hoffman
No reviews yet.