Gigabyte X99 Chipset Designare EX Socket 2011 Motherboard
Discovery Miles 85 490
On Credit: R / month
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Intel Thunderbolt 3 Certified X99 Motherboard
- Supports Intel Core i7 6950X Processor Extreme Edition
- Support Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
- Quad Channel, Registered / Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 8 DIMMs
- Intel USB 3.1 with USB Type-C and PD 2.0 36W Support
- Premium 3-Way PCIe x16 Multi-Graphics Support
- NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 22110 M.2 Interface and U.2 Interface for Intel SSD 750
- SATA Express Connector for Up to 10Gb/s Data Transfer
- Dual Intel GbE LAN with cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator Software
- 115dB SNR HD Audio with Built-in Rear Audio Amplifier
- Ambient Surround LED with RGB Multi-Color Choices
- Ultra Durable Metal Shielding over PCIe and DDR Slots
- Ultra Durable Anti-Sulfur Resistors for Longer Lifespan
- Ultra Durable Anti-Rust Rear I/O Connectors
- Dual Hybrid Fan Headers with Precise PWM / Voltage Control for Water Pump and Fan
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS with Q-Flash Plus USB ports
- APP Center Including EasyTune and Cloud Station Utilities
- Intel 802.11ac Dual Band Wireless Connection and Bluetooth 4.2
- Rear Panel DisplayPort-In for Future Feature Upgrade
Next Generation 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt 3
- The GIGABYTE GA-X99-Designare EX motherboard is a X99 Refresh motherboard to be certified to support Thunderbolt 3. This gives enthusiasts that need the tried-and-true horsepower and reliability of the X99 chipset access to the world's fastest connectivity protocol. Powered by Intel's own Thunderbolt 3 controller, the new Thunderbolt 3 protocol is available over a USB Type-C connector on the back I/O of select GIGABYTE motherboards including the X99-Designare EX. Bringing an unprecedented single-wire bandwidth of up to 40 Gb/s - twice more than the previous generation!
Support for Thunderbolt 3 on the GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX motherboard opens up a world of possibilities for enthusiasts or professionals using the X99 chipset. With the unmatched bandwidth that Thunderbolt 3 provides, enthusiasts can use new devices such as discrete GPU boxes, external quad M.2 drives, or U.2 expansion drives.
One of the main advantages of Thunderbolt 3 is its ability to carry a video signal, but as X99 platforms don't have a GPU integrated in the CPU, the Thunderbolt controller needs to link with a discrete graphics card. In order to solve this conundrum, GIGABYTE designed the X99-Designare EX with a DisplayPort Input port on the back I/O allowing users to pair their devices with a USB Type-C connector (the required cables to connect the graphics card to Thunderbolt controller are bundled with the board).
Note: The motherboard packing includes one DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable for building Thunderbolt 3 function.
Daisy-chain Multiple Devices
- With a single wire, users can now daisy-chain up to 6 devices via Thunderbolt 3, including a monitor with all the GPU power from the discrete graphics card to display high frame rate games at max settings or render 3D models in a flash.
NVIDIA and AMD Graphics Support for Thunderbolt 3
- GIGABYTE implementing Thunderbolt 3 allows users to utilize all facets of this technology. GIGABYTE's unique design of incorporating a video input port, via DisplayPort, allows users to take full advantage of their discrete NVIDIA or AMD Graphics Cards. By merging the performance of these discrete cards with Thunderbolt 3 users can now leverage the fast data transfer speeds and latest gaming technologies into a single Thunderbolt (USB Type-C cable).
Ambient Surround LED
- Set the Color that Matches Your Style
- Now offering more LED customizations than ever, users can truly adapt their PC to represent their lifestyle. With full RGB support and a redesigned Ambient LED application, the user has complete control over the LEDs which surround the motherboard.
- Light Up Your Case to Match your Motherboard
- With an onboard Pin Header for aftermarket LED Strips, users now have the ability to sync the lighting in their computer case with the lighting on their motherboard. By using the Ambient LED Application, included in GIGABYTE APP Center, users are also able to specify the lighting modes available and ensure that everything is illuminating their system in harmony.
- Gaming Experience
- VR requires more performance than Full HD graphics for a steady 60FPS or greater.
- Only Gaming PCs can provide the best VR experience.
To create a seamless VR experience GIGABYTE Motherboards offer the best features to make your virtual reality feel like your actual reality.
- With technologies such as Thunderbolt 3 to transfer data and video, NVMe support via M.2 or U.2, and a one piece metal shielding to brace for heavier discrete graphics cards its obvious that GIGABYTE has the tools you need to start your journey in VR. To set the mood GIGABYTE Motherboards include Ambient Surround LED to put you in the center of action.
NVIDIA QUADRO Professional Graphics Supports
- NVIDIA QUADRO 3D Workstation Professional Graphics Solutions designed and built specifically for artists, designers, and engineers, NVIDIA Quadro GPUs power more than 100 professional applications across a broad range of industries. Professionals trust them to enable their best work using applications such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Avid Media Composer, Autodesk Suites, Dassault Systemes, CATIA and SOLIDWORKS, Siemens NX, PTC Creo, and many more.
Premium 3-Way PCIe x16 Multi-Graphics Support
- Optimized support for 3-Way NVIDIA SLI or 3-Way AMD CrossFire On 28 lanes Processor
2-Way SLI or CrossFire Multi-Graphics
- Multi-graphics configuration offers better graphics performance for gaming enthusiasts who demand the highest frame rates without compromising on resolution.
- GIGABYTE Design By spacing the graphics cards in multi-graphics configurations, users are now able to obtain maximum airflow between cards.
PURE SPEED, MORE POWER
- Exclusively on GIGABYTE Powered Motherboards
- Intel USB 3.1 plus Power Delivery 2.0
- The Intel USB 3.1 controller utilizes four PCIe Gen3 Lanes, offering up to 32 Gb/s total bandwidth, for uncompromised transfer speeds of up to 10 Gb/s per USB 3.1. With twice the bandwidth compared to its previous generation, and backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 and 3.0, the much improved USB 3.1 protocol is available over the new reversible USB Type-C and the traditional USB Type-A connector for better compatibility over a wider range of devices.
Dual U.2 Onboard (NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4)
- NVMe Performance for PCIe SSDs
- The new Intel 750 series SSDs offer an incredible increase in performance over SATA drives. Using the NVMe protocol which takes advantage of the fast bandwidth of PCIe Gen3 x4 lanes (32 Gb/s), the drives are a clear advantage for users looking to boot their OS faster, load their games in a flash and access large files without waiting. By implementing the U.2 port onboard to support the 2.5" Intel 750 Series drive, GIGABYTE ensures that the users can benefit from the best performance.
36W USB Type-C
- Power and Charge From USB Type-C With Power Delivery 2.0 Support
- Redesigned to take full advantage of all the features that USB Type-C can support, GIGABYTE's new X99 motherboards with Intel's USB 3.1 controller not only supports USB 2.0, 3.0, and 3.1, but also completely supports Power Delivery 2.0. This means users are able to get up to 36 watts through your Intel powered USB Type-C port. This opens the door for users looking to clean up their cable cutter and power or recharge their devices through this universal connector, the Type-C Port.
Fast Onboard Storage with NVMe PCIe Gen3 x4 110mm M.2 (Up to 32 Gb/s)
GIGABYTE's M.2 solution offers considerably faster storage performance and support for PCIe NVMe SSD devices.
Dual Hybrid Fan Headers
- Precise PWM and Voltage Control for Water pumps or Fans
- Many of today's modern computers feature water cooling to ensure that the CPU or graphics cards stay cool and quiet while they are put under heavy load. In order to provide the best support for water cooling solutions, GIGABYTE has equipped its X99/Z170 motherboards with an additional water pump power header. This allows the user to have full control over two water pumps or fans. An additional benefit of these headers with GIGABYTE's motherboards is the option to choose between voltage calibration or PWM modes.
Support for DDR4 XMP Up to 3400MHz and Beyond
- GIGABYTE is offering a tested and proven platform that ensures proper compatibility with profiles up to 3400MHz and beyond. All users need to do to attain this performance boost is to ensure that their memory module is XMP capable and that the XMP function is activated and enabled on their GIGABYTE motherboard.
Refreshed BIOS Easy, Smart, and Friendly
- The BIOS is essential for users during initial setup to allow for the most optimal settings. With a new GUI and easier to use functionalities, GIGABYTE has been able to reinvent the BIOS to give users a better experience will setting up their new system.
Ultra Durable PCIe Armor
- Enhanced Strength PCIe Design, Support for Heavy Graphics Cards For Extreme / VR Gaming Station
Dual Armor DIMM and PCIe Metal Shielding
- Never worry about your heavy graphics card damaging your motherboard again. GIGABYTE's proprietary Ultra Durable PCIe Metal Shielding reinforces the PCIe connector to prevent slot damage due to heavy graphics card. The DIMM and PCIe metal shield also provides extra strength for when you forget to release the lock while replacing your component, adding a fool proof option which can save your PC's life.
Ultra Durable Memory Armor
- GIGABYTE's exclusive one piece stainless steel shielding design prevents against PCB distortion and twist (Plate bending) in addition to preventing any possible ESD interference.
Dual Intel GbE LAN with cFosSpeed and Intel WIFI Card Onboard
- The Dual Intel Gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed features advanced technology to help deliver better network responsiveness in crowded LAN environments and allows optimization and improved network performance for specific applications, making it a popular choice amongst gamers.
- Intel X99 Express Chipset
- 8 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 128 GB of system memory
- Support for DDR4 3600-OC and 2133mhz memory modules
- Realtek ALC1150 codec
- High Definition Audio
- Support for S/PDIF Out
Wireless Communication module
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.2v
- Support for 11ac wireless standard and up to 867 Mbps data rate
- 2 x Intel GbE LAN chips 10/100/1000 Mbit
- Support for Teaming
- 3 x PCI Express x16 slots
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot
- 1 x PCI Express x1 slot
- 1 x M.2 Socket 1 connector for the wireless communication module
- Support for NVIDIA Quad-GPU SLI and 3-Way or 2-Way NVIDIA SLI technologies
- Support for AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX and 3-Way or 2-Way AMD CrossFire technologies
- 1 x SATA Express connector
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors SATA3 05, supporting RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
- 4 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors sSATA3 03, supporting IDE and AHCI modes only
- 1 x M.2 connector using Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 PCIe x4 or x2 SSD support
- 2 x U.2 connectors
- Info - When an i7-5820K or i7-6800K CPU is installed, the U2_32G_1 connector becomes unavailable.
- 1 x USB Type-C port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 support
- 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A port (red) on the back panel
Chipset plus Renesas USB 3.0 Hubs:
- 8 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
- 1 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports on the back panel
- 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports available through the internal USB headers
Internal I/O Connectors
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x M.2 Socket 3 connector
- 2 x U.2 connectors
- 1 x SATA Express connector
- 10 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 1 x water cooling fan/water cooling pump header CPU_OPT_PUMP
- 2 x system fan headers
- 1 x system fan/water cooling pump header SYS_FAN3_PUMP
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 1 x S/PDIF Out header
- 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 headers
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x Thunderbolt add-in card connector
- 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header
- 1 x RGB LED strip extension cable header
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
Back Panel Connectors
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse port
- 1 x DisplayPort In port
- 2 x SMA antenna connectors 2T2R
- 1 x USB Type-C port, with USB 3.1 support
- 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A port - Red
- 5 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports
- 2 x RJ-45 ports
- 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
- 5 x audio jacks Center and Subwoofer Speaker Out, Rear Speaker Out, Line In, Line Out, Mic In
- Support for Windows 10/8.1 64-bit
- Support for Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
No reviews yet.